“WONDERFUL FOOD AND SERVICE!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captiva House

Captiva House
Reserve with OpenTable
Captiva House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2 miles north of Blind Pass Bridge
Description: Welcome to the historic, award-winning Captiva House Restaurant, Gulf-front at the legendary, historic 'Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa. We invite you to sample our delicious New Florida cuisine, served with our gorgeous Captiva Island sunsets. Come, feast your eyes and your appetites tonight.
Newcastle, Maine
“WONDERFUL FOOD AND SERVICE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We would specifically like to mention a few members of the superb staff: Eric, Vilius, Mary, Dana, Alex, Robert, but really everyone there is gracious and kind. The food is out of this world.

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was disgusting.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Gross!!!!!!!! Disgusting food. Save your money!!!! I ordered veal and it came in a bowl with BBQ sauce all over it. 30 dollars spent and 1 bite taken. Disgusting

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Unhappytweenwatera
Orlando, Florida
“Very Nice Upscale Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited OCH for nice dinner with family on last night of vacation. Big plus that they take reservations during the busy season.

Service was first rate. Menu selection was first rate. Suggest the crab bisque and lobster ravioli. Come before sunset. When you are done with dinner, cross the street and enjoy a beautiful Gulf sunset.

Visited March 2014
Verona, New Jersey
“book the sunset room and dress up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

the sunset room is where you can catch it from, so reserve early to get it. The clientele seemed like old money locals, so it can be a little stuffy. The service was on point. As far as dishes, I went with a cold smoked steak tartar app which came in a hatched Bell jar, which when opened, reminded me of wonderful childhood camping memories - it smelled like a campfire. So you spread that on little toasts and there you go. It was blended with capers and cornichons and even with the smokiness I felt it was lacking something. Then I had the lump crab bisque prepared tableside, and the lump was more like a pinch but it was velvety smooth and very rich. I wanted more sherry and Worcestershire in there for more bite, had to add crushed pepper to substitute. For my entree I did the bouillabase over linguini, it was so-so. This is one of my favorite dishes so I wasn't completely impressed, the shellfish was a little scant and they didn't even give me a chowder spoon to relish the base so I used a mussel shell to scoop it up with. Also had to ask for hot sauce because it was a little bland for me although I'm a chilehead, so who knows. If you want a superb fish stew, go to Sweet Melissa's which is phenomenal. Overall decent but not extraordinary dishes, but factor in the view also, which not every locale has. Next time I might opt for the more casual pub adjacent to this fancy-pants joint.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank yemoss1
Chicago, Illinois
“Old school vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I finally had dinner here after passing by on numerous other trips to the area. I liked the old school vibe--reminded me of resort dinners as a kid. The food was good. The service was excellent. I was a little disappointed by our seating. We had early reservations and the place was almost empty when we arrived and they sat us at a less than desirable table. It's my own fault--I should have asked for another table. Be sure to try the black raspberry/chocolate chunk ice cream for dessert--it's sinful!

• Visited March 2014