“One of our favorite dining venues in South Florida.”
Review of Captiva House

Captiva House
Reserve with OpenTable
Captiva House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2 miles north of Blind Pass Bridge
Description: Welcome to the historic, award-winning Captiva House Restaurant, Gulf-front at the legendary, historic 'Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa. We invite you to sample our delicious New Florida cuisine, served with our gorgeous Captiva Island sunsets. Come, feast your eyes and your appetites tonight.
Kingsport, Tennessee
“One of our favorite dining venues in South Florida.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Each of the four of us ate something different...starting with the brie, with raspberry sauce served with French bread. The salads, from Caesar to steak with blue cheese. And the entrees were alsi exceptional: filets and Caribbean grouper with melon salsa. Had to pass on the delicious looking deserts.

• Visited September 2013

Sanibel Island, Florida
“underwhelmed”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We dined at this restaurant for the first time in a few years last month, and had an underwhelming meal. My entree (island snapper wrap) was overcooked and had fish bone fragments, and everything else was ok, but of the quality we expected given the high price. We were seated in the back section, so were subject to constant influx of noise from the bar/grill whenever the connecting door was opened (which was often). Service was good, and the overall atmosphere pleasant. Perhaps and off night for food?

• Visited August 2013
JasonMTween, Manager at Captiva House, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
hawkowl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at The Old Captiva House. We appreciate your patronage and the fact that you hold us to the high standards you do based on prior visits.

I have shared your thoughts concerning the preparation and execution of our top selling Snapper wrap with our culinary team and would welcome the chance to speak with you personally to gain a few more details so we can prevent these mishaps in the future. Our goal is to not only be your favorite restaurant every time you visit Captiva, but to work hard every day to come up with fresh new ideas utilizing local ingredients while creating a casually elegant experience.

I also would like to thank you for your comments about the service and ambiance during your dinner. I have looked in to some acoustic tiling to try and dampen the noise level coming from the restaurant next door but honestly this is rarely ever an issue.

The staff and I here at Tween Waters Inn welcome the opportunity to win you back and again I would love to speak with you directly to properly understand where we missed the mark with your party.

Best Regards,

Jason S Miller
jmiller@tween-waters.com
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We come to this restaurant every year at the end of the summer where we have a time share in Captiva and it was always one of the highlights but not this time. They over charged us and spent 30 minutes trying to rectify the problem. The food was terrible my Caesar salad had 4 romaine leaves with 2 anchovies and a stale piece of garlic toast and it was 10.00. The small portion of 2 scallops was 24.00, and the duck was fatty and not cooked appropriately, 24.00. The whole meal
was not good and it was my parents wedding anniversary so we thought we were going to a special place. I don't know if it was because it was the end of the season or they changed chefs but we will not go there again.

• Visited September 2013
christina e

1st let me thank you for choosing The Old Captiva House for such a special occasion. I am also very disappointed that my staff and myself did not exceed your expectations much less meet them.

I noticed that you visited a couple years ago and left an excellent review raving about the food, service, and about getting a recipe from our executive chef. I respect the fact and thank you for holding us to the high standards you do based on prior visits. I am proud to say that Jason Miller is still our Executive Chef and his execution of menus in both restaurants is almost always flawless. I have shared your comments with our culinary team and through feedback like yours we strive to be better every day.

The staff and I here at Tween Waters Inn welcome the opportunity to win you back and I would love to speak with you directly to properly understand where we missed the mark with your party.

Jason S. Miller (not the Chef)
Garfield, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

the continental breakfast was very good and staff very friendly. Anything needed was always greeted with a smile

Visited August 2013
Exton, PA
“Disappointing choice”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoy dining out especially on vacation. There are not many choices for upscale dining on Captiva. We arrived as the restaurant opened for dinner service. We chose sparkling water and requested limes from the hostess which we never received. Our appetizer course was very good (homemade chicken rice soup and a salad). Dinner was a catastrophe. My husband ordered a steak cooked medium. It arrived rare. It was sent back and redelivered cooked as ordered. I ordered sauteed scallops which arrived overcooked and rubbery. The manager came out and offered free dessert but his attitude was blaise. I was brought another order which was undercooked and raw in the middle. By that point the meal was ruined and we left without taking them up on their offer for free dessert. I hope that we just went on a bad night. It was disappointing that we were unable to enjoy the meal we expected on vacation :-(

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Donnadesq
JasonMTween, Manager at Captiva House, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Donnadesq,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Old Captiva House here at Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island.

I am concerned with every aspect of your review and have sent you a personal message through trip advisor in hopes of speaking with you in person. We strive every day to get better through ongoing training, implementing new ideas, and reviewing guest comments both positive and negative. I am very interested in the details of your dining experience so I can take the proper steps to improve on where we as a team missed the mark with your dinner.

Our staff and I work very hard to fulfill our mission statement with each of our guests which is “to deliver a warm, friendly, and memorable island resort experience that provides value to all of our guests resulting in a desire to return”. I apologize that this was not the case concerning your dinner but can assure you that given a second opportunity we will not disappoint.

Best Regards,