“Very nice restaurant, very good service.”
Review of Old Captiva House

Old Captiva House
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Captiva House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2 miles north of Blind Pass Bridge
Description: Welcome to the historic, award-winning Old Captiva House Restaurant, Gulf-front at the legendary, historic 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa. We invite you to sample our delicious New Florida cuisine, served with our gorgeous Captiva Island sunsets. Come, feast your eyes and your appetites tonight.
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We visited this restaurant to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were in the separate room at the front of the main dining room. There was a view over the Gulf which was very nice. The meals were all very well prepared and presented and the service was spot-on. To summarise, it was the perfect venue for a special occasion.

1  Thank Martin Sherriff

Reviewed August 17, 2011

My husband and I just got back from a stay at Tween Waters and I am so glad we decided to dine at the Old Captiva House during our trip--it turned out to be a meal I will not soon forget!

We went on a Saturday evening about 6:30 and was surprised to find the place almost empty, although more people arrived throughout our meal. Still it was a shame because the food was insanely good and beautifiully prepared and our waiter was just lovely. I know it was off-season but the place truly deserves to be packed! I had the lobster ravioli and my husband had the snapper, both were delicious, as were our drinks, and our escargot starter. The grand marnier chocolate mousse cake was to die for!!! I cant say enough good things about how beautifully prepared and yummy everything was!

During our stay we also had dinner at the often-raved about Mad Hatter, and I must say that the Old Captiva House certainly gave them a run for their money. The food was equally delicious, perhaps even more beautifully presented, and our bill was a bit less (we got drinks, appetizers, entrees and dessert at both), so I'd say it's a better overall value. Still falls within the "splurge" deparment though, but definitely worth it. The only thing missing was a sunset view--we overlooked the garden and definitely would not have seen the sunset from where we were sitting, but that was fine since we finished eating right as the sun was setting and watched it from the beach instead. I think I'd recommend doing it that way if you really want to see the sunset, although from reading the other reviews it sounds like some tables might have a better view.

Overall, I highly recommend checking it out, and I will definitely be back my next trip to the island!

1  Thank Genyi1681
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our first visit to Captiva Island went on to tripadvisor to look for a Great Restaurant with seafood and a great view. We got both,they gave us a table right at the window looking at the sunset, our waiter Skip was the BEST so friendly I ordered the Grouper which was the Best I have had and being from LI that has alot to say. the chef Jason came out and spoke to us since Skip told him what I said. Overall a Wonderful place with GREAT food and Great waiters. Would go back over and over when we are in Sanibel or Captiva.

2  Thank Doris H
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Captiva does not seem to have too many choices for excellent food. We went and were pleasantly surprised the food was very good the servers were attentive. The restaurant was kind of outdated but very clean. Full bar and a kids menu. We ran into some foodies from Miami who felt about the same. Captiva accommodations generally have full kitchens so people seem to eat in often but when you need the night out this is an excellent choice.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Old Captiva House has the best view, service, and food on either Island - Captiva or Sanibel.
If you want to have a special dining experience the Old Captiva House is a MUST!

3  Thank ChapV