“Key Lime Bistro rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Keylime Bistro

Keylime Bistro
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
west of Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Key Lime Bistro rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

The Key Lime Bistro is consistently superior. Breakfast is phenomenal: bacon, pancakes, yummy! Bloody Mary drinks (regular or virgin) are the best around. Terrific salads, wonderful service, fabulous ambiance. No, I don't work there, but I have vacationed in Captiva for years and appreciate the value. One of the nicest spots on the island to eat. Get the bang for your buck at the Key Lime Bistro!

1 Thank bridgie77

Connecticut
“Experience was so bad it prompted me to write this review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

Let's see.... hour and a half long wait - check. Kitschy Christmas light-strung decor - check. Lame Jimmy Buffet cover singer - check. I know the drill when I'm at a southwest Florida resort town. My expectations are within reason. But if I am asked to pay $35 for an entree that doesn't contain truffles, lobster or an exotic fish, it better be served by a fairly efficient waitress and it better be (sort of) good - neither of which was the case at this inexcusable overpriced dump. If the smell of raw sewage from the adjacent Inn's septic system doesn't send you running for the hills, being charged for your basket of bread (50 cents per roll to be exact) might. Why is this place packed? Is it the dearth of restaurants on Captiva? Maybe visitors to the island enjoy having to put sugar packets under the legs of their plastic table to keep it from wobbling. Maybe they like waiting hours for their table after being told 30 minutes. Or is it the hands-on appeal of having to get up to get your own silverware and beg for your appetizer an hour after ordering. All I can say is that if you are visiting Captiva, please - for the love of God - do not subject yourself to Key Lime Bistro.

Denver
“Great every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

We (three families) have been visiting Captiva for many years. We have been to nearly all the restaurants on Captiva, Sanibel, North Captiva, and Cabbage Key. Our favorite and most frequented is Key Lime Bistro. Every time the food and drink has been fantastic, service outstanding (dealing with many children under 5yrs old), and the music sublime. I just can't imagine a less than superb experience.

“Great outdoor dining & music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

We have been here 3 times, the first time was after deciding the Bubble Room wait was not worth it (and after finally dining at the Bubble Room - I would still say that it is over-rated, and the wait is not worth it).
Keylime Bistro - service was great, we were a group of 8 and everyone has something different and we all loved it - steak, seafood, risotta, desert - all good. The entertainment is always fun too.
We like to eat around 6:00 and then walk down to the Mucky Duck (or just the beach) for sunset.

Seattle, WA
“Worst Steak and Overcooked Fish Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

We visited Capitva March 13th for dinner. The waitress was great but the food was incredibly bad. My husband's steak was ordered rare and it arrvied well done - I mean really well done. He sent it back and got a second steak that was still cold in the middle. The chef doesn't know how to cook! We called for the manager who didn't really care as we were just tourists and will never return. But we did instrcut him to give all of the tip to the waitress. I pity her that she has to serve this incredibly submarginal food! Don't waste your money!