“Worst Steak and Overcooked Fish Ever”
Review of Keylime Bistro

Keylime Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Seattle, WA
“Worst Steak and Overcooked Fish Ever”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We visited Capitva March 13th for dinner. The waitress was great but the food was incredibly bad. My husband's steak was ordered rare and it arrvied well done - I mean really well done. He sent it back and got a second steak that was still cold in the middle. The chef doesn't know how to cook! We called for the manager who didn't really care as we were just tourists and will never return. But we did instrcut him to give all of the tip to the waitress. I pity her that she has to serve this incredibly submarginal food! Don't waste your money!

Newe York, New York
“Worst Dining Experience Of My Life”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Never had such a bad experience anywhere in the world. Understand waiting for a table. But, after being seated, we ordered and, after waiting an hour and half, we were still not served. We were with four year olds, who had ordered buttered pasta! Told by RUDE manager that if we didn't like it we could go elsewhere. Unbelievable. Clearly, with few restaurants in the area, they could care less about customers or returns, or recommendations.

Chicago
“Nice for lunch-- great server”
Reviewed March 4, 2009

We had lunch outside here-- and it was about 4 pm, so it was nice that they let us have lunch. There was a guitarist playing songs from when we were in college, also nice. I had the burger and it was great. Also the cole slaw was terrific-- this seems to be an island specialty, because I had great cole slaw at the Green Flash too.
Anyway, the server at the Key Lime Bistro (a young man with reddish hair) was attentive without being intrusive. No complaints. He even put my coke refill into a to-go cup without being asked-- just so I'd have that to take with me.
For lunch, two of us, no alcohol, $22.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Best bruschetta ever”
Reviewed January 29, 2009

What a fun place for lunch. The bruschetta was the best I have ever had and I have tried many versions. If you like capers, this was marvelous. The grouper sandwich was top of the line too and was the casual atmosphere. No rushing. All around just a great experience

naples, fl
“more amatuerism”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I'm a local (Naples). There isn't a wide choice of restaurants in Captieva. It's one of those places with annoyingly "cute" descriptions on the menu.

The food is OK, but just. Today, Sunday 1/25/09, I had one of the worst breakefasts imaginable at Key Lime Bistro: Huevos Rancheros. The way they prepare this has absolutely no relation to the traditional Mexican dish, which is simply poached or lightly - fried eggs, on corn tortillas, with some chorizo sausage, covered with warn Ranchero sauce and some black bean and rice.

What I got was some overcooked fried eggs, covered with cheese, on top of (a few) tortilla chips, and some sides of salsa, avocado dip and sour cream (and some home fries). They NEED TO RENAME THIS DISH, or just take it off the menu. I can't figure out it they're so cynical that they think their patrons don't know that this dish is, or just so amateurish that they don't know themselves (and don't care to know); based on the competence of the waitstaff, I suspect the latter.