“What's not to LOVE about the Keylime Bistro?!?!?!?!”
Review of Keylime Bistro

Keylime Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I'm sure the dining scene on Captiva ia location, location, location thing. Lots of so-so places to eat and very few great ones. Keylime Bistro is truly one of the great ones. Actually it's wonderful in every way. We ate there twice during a five-day stay and loved it both times. I mean all four in our party LOVED it. The outside seating with live music is very cozy and comfortable. The service was very friendly, extremely helpful, attentive and very efficient. Our server Carrie is among the best in the business.
And the food? Positively sublime! Among the dishes we devoured with groans of delight was the Chicken Voodoo, Grouper Piccata, Almond Mahi, Seafood Risotto, Chicken Parmgiana (I know! At a seafood place.) and Shrimp Scampi. Awesome Keylime pie, a nice variety of well-made drinks and a good wine list.
What's not to love about the Keylime Bistro!!! It's the whole package: super-delicious food, fabulous service, great atmosphere and reasonable prices. Nothing else like it on the island that we've found. And we're so glad we found it. We'll be back every chance we get.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ate here for dinner on our final evening of vacation, and it was a perfect ending to a great week. It was magical, dining al fresco on the day after Thanksgiving, listening to an R&B duo serenade us with tunes from Aretha Franklin and Etta James, surrounded by twinkle lights strung up in every palm tree for the holidays. Then there was the food, which was amazing. Paella Valencia with shrimp, scallops, chicken, sausage, and artichoke hearts over saffron rice in a light broth, followed by the BEST key lime pie I have EVER eaten. My teenage son does not like key lime pie, and I had to keep him from licking the plate--that's how good it was! The only thing that was even remotely negative was the service. The waitress kept our drinks filled and our food came out in a timely manner, but she came across as a little argumentative about a couple of very minor things. Overall though, I couldn't have asked for a better way to cap off a beautiful week of vacation.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Sat outside on an unusually cool night. However, with the heaters on it was actually very comfortable. The outside entertainment was nice background music and our waitress was very attentive. I had the chicken parm …. which was better than I expected. Last time I visited I had a filet mignon and that was excellent too. I don't care for the ambience inside, but if you can get a table outside this is a great place to dine.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Keylime Bistro is a small restaurant, so I suggest you reserve during peak hours. Their grilled bacon wrapped scallops were excellent & as a special, grilled grouper was as well. Live music was provided & the outdoor sidewalk cafe setting was a real intimate plus. For dessert, I would strongly recommend their Key Lime Pie . One piece was enough for 2 unless you really are a dessert person, it is fantastic. The Bistro is located in the heart of Captiva Village within walking distance of almost everything. There is plenty of free parking, if needed, all around at different area lots.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This trip went for breakfast which was wonderful with very prompt service. On previous trips I have been here in the evening and had a wonderful time and always a great mix of people. You won't be disappointed!