“Great atmosphere, average food”
Review of Keylime Bistro

Keylime Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We loved the open air restaurant, and our server was excellent. However, we had the crab cake eggs Benedict with Key Lime Hollandaise. It was good but not great. First of all it was not hot, and I was disappointed in the Hollandaise which did not taste like Key Lime at all. The crab cakes were paper thin, much thinner than the tomato on the muffin.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited the Key Lime Bistro this week and really enjoyed ourselves. We sat outside on a cool evening and listened to a great pianist play and sing at just the right volume for everyone to enjoy him and our conversation. He was great. The service was very good. We were met and shown quickly to our table. Drinks and wine were ordered and appetizers too. The meal was great and the quality oif the food was great. I had the chef's special chicken rissotto whick I loved. It had chicken, fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes and excelent seasoning. Others in our group had grouper, salads with calamari and ceasar salads. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we had a delightful time. If I could have changed anything it would have been the bread. Don't get me wrong. The bread was fabulous. But we had to order and pay for it. Considering we dropped well over $100 for the meal for four, you would have thought some bread with our salads would not have been out of order. But overall, I would recommend this restaurant. Easy walking distance to the beach and the rest of Captiva. We had a great time.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husbands favorite place to eat while we visited for a week. The menu is quite large for a bistro. Fun music, excellent bloody mary's, and exceptional breakfast selections.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have visited the Captiva-Sanibel area many times over the past few years and when we do, we make it a point to visit the Key Lime Bistro because they have the best Key Lime pie in Florida ... we have made it our mission to try Key Lime pie at every restaurant we visit and the Key Lime Bistro is the best (in our opinion!!). They also have great food, outside seating with live music which makes for a great island atmosphere. Our last visit was in November 2012 and during our one week stay in Captiva ... we ate at the Bistro 3 times and enjoyed each of our meals. Try the pie ... you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the best seafood Cesar salad that I've ever had. The calamari were so tender and not at all greasy. They were not stingy at all with the seafood.

My friend ordered the grilled salad. I wouldn't recommend it. Lettuce wilts when grilled and it looked unappetizing and didn't taste that great.

It was a nice place to sit and watch all the people go by while listening to live music.