“A supper on captiva island!”
Review of Keylime Bistro

Keylime Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
“A supper on captiva island!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The ambiance and the live entertainment! The award winning key lime pie is delicious, including the mussels.

Visited December 2012

Macedon, New York
“Great expectations”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have now vacationed on Captiva four times since 2011. Everytime we have dined at the Key Lime Bistro and or just stopped by for beverages.
The first time we were there we met the owner but have not seen her since that time. She like the other staff make you feel welcomed and valued.
Probably the most comical character there is Andy, who always goes overboard to make sure your visit is always a good experience. He is the number one reason I keep going back. My number two reason is the "dirty girl scout" frozen drink. If you like the taste of mint and chocolate you just have to try one or possibly two.
Last night we dined there and had the bananna crusted grouper (special) which was very tasty. Today we went for brunch and the food was again great.
My only disappointment with the establishment is that lunch items are not available after 5:00. In particular burgers. I have been there for lunch and had the burger and it's fantastic. There are just times that I'd just enjoy a burger for dinner rather than anything else.
The saving grace to keeping me going back after 5:00 is Andy (in particular) . Great Humor and service go along way in my book.
Keep up the great work and throw on some burgers on the dinner menu.

• Visited January 2013
Macedon, New York
“Superb experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been coming to visit the Sanibel and Captiva area since November 2011. Our daughter and son-in-law purchased a home in Sunset Captiva about a year ago.
Our first visit to Key Lime Bistro was in 2011 while the kids were scouting out the area for a home purchase. We ate lunch there while listening to nice music. I had my first "dirty girl scout" drink then and am now officially hooked on them. If you like chocolate and mint in a creamy mixture you must try one.
The food has always been fantastic. Last night I had the "bananna crusted grouper special" and it was fantastic. This morning we went there for brunch and as always the food was excellent.
The staff really sets a great tone and makes you feel welcomed and valued. Andy just happens to be our favorite and is just one of the nicest persons aroud. He really makes the place something special and is one of the reasons we keep going back both days and nights.
If you want a great experience in a casual atmosphere you must check this place out. At the very least try a "dirty girl scout".......

Visited January 2013
“Andy is Awesome!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We come to Keylime at least 2 or 3 times a week on our visits to Captiva. The staff, food, music and atmosphere are wonderful. We have never had a bad experience! Andy goes out of his way to please you. Be nice to these people they have to deal with a lot of people in a very small charming island with not a lot of space. Love this place!!!!!

“Great place ...”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went there twice ..The first time the food was great ,,A musician was very entertaining,,and the drinks were strong... Our 2nd time in the area ,,I thought we could save a few bucks and eat elsewhere ,but after looking at menu's and the entertainment in the area,,,this was still the best deal..Most likely it was the drinks that cost us,,and I have no problem paying for a cocktail that taste like a cocktail,,,so maybe we ordered a few extra's...Food was equally as good the 2nd time.and the service was fast and friendly both time's.. The veggies were perfect ..steamed a little ,,then maybe grilled a little,,I prefer 'em that way..Outside tables were great.........The clientele seemed to be more residents vs tourists...usually a good sign....

• Visited January 2013