“Don't miss this!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2007

Prior day ate at the Key Lime and it was great food but lacking in wait staff (missed the chapter on customer service). Next night ate at the Green Flash and had a perfect evening, the food was superior, wait staff was professional, the matriss' d was really good and had the restaurant under control. We asked for a special table and got it with no hassle. Our waitress recommended some items that we tried and were superb and also complimented us on our own selections. A wonderful evening

2  Thank lovelifesofar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed April 29, 2007

First had lunch on the waterside patio - food was good and server was very friendly. Next night went for dinner inside- again, very friendly server and good food - the pina colada with raspberry swirl was amazing! Most unusual, one-way mirror in men's room that looks out at bar - a must see for all the guys! Green Flash was my husband's favorite restaurant in Captiva.

Reviewed April 13, 2007

The view at the Green Flash is great, but that's about where the positives end. The place is not nice on the inside, the food was very mediocre - had some bizarre seared tuna that did not seem like the sushi-grade that it should be (did it come pre-frozen in a sesame crust???). The service made the whole experience even more bizarre. The waitress was a robot, with even less personality than any robot I've ever known.

That being said, not many restaurants on Captiva or Sanibel are worth the prices they charge. So far, I've only found 3 places worth the cost - Redfish Blufish, The Lazy Flamingo, and The Mad Hatter. I'll be reviewing those shortly.

Reviewed April 5, 2007

My husband and I stopped in on a tip from a friend and found that the restaurant wasn't open for dinner yet, but the bar was open, so we hung out there for a little bit. During the course of our margaritas, we heard the seemingly "unhappy in my own life so I'm going to take it out on everyone I meet" hostess snap at almost every person who entered the restaurant that, no, she wasn't seating for dinner yet and to have a seat; answer the phone and barking at the caller that "we don't take reservations and we will most certainly be full by the time you arrive"; and our personal favorite - "We won't just push tables together for a party of 16. You'll be seated at two tables of 8." She was so emphatic about not pushing tables together, she told them this twice.
We downed the last of our drinks and left. If your front-man isn't personable, how do you expect people to even get past the front door? I know people have an off day now and again, but it was apparent that this wasn't something new. Time to file a help-wanted ad.

1  Thank skweingartz
Reviewed March 3, 2007

Plan on stopping here for lunch after driving through J Ding Darling Wild Life Refuge. We had our little dog with us and we ate outside right by the water. We highly recommend the Shrimp quisadillas, hamburger Grouper sandwich and Maryland Crab Cake. Also Great Service. They brought a dish of water for our dog and were very attentive. There is also an Osprey nest beside the property.