“Good food and great location!”
Review of Green Flash

Green Flash
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Only stayed 1 night at Sanibel Inn and drove north to see entire island. Huge homes entertained our drive and nice views of Gulf. Reviews made our decision to eat here. When we got there, we knew why. Calming view of bay and cozy atmosphere. Small, quaint and quiet with good food.
I started with a cup of shrimp bisque. It was too salty for me. Then I had Oysters Rockefeller which were great. My husband had Conque chowder manhattan style which was very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

After 5 visits to Sanibel/Captiva, we decided to try dinner at Green Flash as it was one of the few restaurants we had never tried. The hostess greeting was very cold - basically she just asked how many and led us to a table. We were given menus and waited quite a while before a waitress came for our drink orders. They serve until 9:30 and we arrived at 8:15. There were, at most, six tables and we didn't get our drinks or see the waitress again until 8:45. Our drinks were very good as were the rolls. Dinner, however, was excellent. My friend and I had the seafood platter without the lobster and it was a feast. There were 2 bacon wrapped bbq shrimp, fried sea scallops, an oyster Rockefeller, white fish with a hollandaise sauce, and peel and eat shrimp. Everything was delicious, including the vegetables. The base was cooked spinach with other vegetables on top. My husband had the Grouper cafe de Paris and the other gentleman in our party had the Mahi Mahi. Both enjoyed their meals. Food wise, the only disappointment was the key lime pie. It was frozen and they stated homemade, but didn't have much flavor at all. We will no doubt return the next time we go to the island as dinner truly was very good.

1  Thank Boats 'n Beaches
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Good food, friendly staff, excellent view. baked artichoke appetizer is outstanding. Grouper with mango salsa and potatoes a-la gratin was good too. Carrot cake was the best we ever had. if you time the meal right, the sunset at the beach 'across the street' can complete the evening!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Was a bit disappointed. We had higher expectations. We ordered seared scallops, grouper cafe de Paris and crab stuffed grouper. The s apps and stuffed grouper were good. The grouper cafe de Paris was boring and tasteless. The spatzel and polenta were dried out. The Key lime pie is served frozen...just be aware of that before you order (I was not).
The apple crumb pie seemed warm was fabulous! I should also mention that the restaurant has a beautiful view and very attentive/knowledgeable wait staff.
Unfortunately, I won't be rushing back.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorites on Captiva Island. Great Oyster's Rockefeller and sides making the total menu exceptional. Our faves: Captiva steam pot, Grouper cooked any style on the menu, the bisques, and the rockies. Their pasta dishes are not as good as the rest.