“Interesting bathrooms! :-)”
Review of Green Flash

Green Flash
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Estero
“Interesting bathrooms! :-)”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Yes, I know this is a restaurant. The food is excellent and the view, breathtaking. Just make sure you check out the restrooms. Let's just say they're a little unique...

Visited November 2012

Key Largo
“Really?”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

First, you don't see the sunset at all. It is on the bay side of Captiva. We had lunch inside looking out on the water. An OK view but nothing spectacular. We ordered the crispy grouper sandwich. A specialty. It was large but tasteless and very mediocre. Service was decent but not overly friendly. I don't get why this place packs them in! Maybe because its on water.
I would rather have great food without a water view. The decor is dated and ugly.

2 Thank Ken G
San Francisco, California, United States
“Amazing view and food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had just arrived at Sanibel Island and decided to drive to Captiva Island to explore the surroundings. We were intrigued by the Green Flash restaurant and decided to try it out. We didn't have reservations and the restaurant was crowded, but we were lucky to get a table for two overlooking the water. We delighted watching the pelicans soar by and the boats go about their business. The grouper was amazing! The service was great! We couldn't believe how lucky we were to discover this amazing restaurant.

Middleton, Massachusetts
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We went on my 50th birthday. Because it was a special occasion we got a table rather than have dinner at the bar, which the 2 of us normally do. Big mistake (why I chose this place for my birthday was the bartender and service was great a few years ago).

Our server was a pretentious, grumpy man. He never smiled and seemed annoyed we were there. Salad was fair and my husband got shrimp cocktail which was just fair.

Dinner was a bigger disappointment. We both ordered the seafood sampler, but my husband added the lobster tail that was very tough and dry. The Oyster Rockafeller was bland and the spinach has no flavor. The rest of the sampler (shrimp, fried scallops and filet of the day) was mediocre at best...the scallops were over breaded and were just not good.

Had to ask the grumpy waiter for a second drink (and they weren't good either) because he never came to ask if we needed anything else.

We usually over tip but just gave between 15-18%, which was more than grumpy deserved.

On Captiva, you will do better at the Mucky Duck or the Pointe at South Seas. Wish we chose either of those great places with excellent food and service over Green Flash.

2 Thank Stacey S
Seminole, Florida
“Great Food.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I have mixed thoughts about the Green Flash. It is a beautiful restaurant in a great location. We were seated immediately, right at a window on the water. Our server JD, was average. Our service felt a little rushed, she never mentioned the specials and was not too friendly. We slowed the pace, but she kept trying to push, even saying, I will hold your order ( I doubt it ). On the other hand, the baked artichokes were yummy. Lemony and buttery. I had the veal with mushrooms and wine. It was tender and juicy and delicious. My wife had the Sanibel Salad with scallops and shrimp, asparagus and Gorgonzola. It was also delicious. Both presentations were beautiful. I would go back, but ask for someone other than JD.