“Green Flash fizzled”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Flash

Green Flash
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McLean, Virginia
“Green Flash fizzled”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice view, but forget seeing the "green flash": The restaurant faces east. I had high hopes for the seafood on my first visit to Sanibel and Captiva, and I found good fish everywhere...except here. I ordered the "specialty" of the restaurant, grouper topped with panko and herbs, and it arrived looking like it had been under a heat lamp for too long: The top was tough. That, coupled with the fact that the waiter delivered the wrong drinks and served my friend a much more expensive veal chop when he had ordered veal scallops, just about ruined the night for us. (We all heard the order, but the waiter argued about it and refused to correct the order or the bill.) The potatoes au gratin were stellar, though. If I'm every forced to go back, I'll order a double portion of potatoes and call it a day!

Orlando, Florida
“I love this place green flash is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The green flash is a great restaurant the view is beautiful. My husband and I had our wedding dinner here we rented out the banquet room and it was perfect we had a nice balcony you could step out on we were able to decorate the banquet room for the dinner the staff was amazing they were so helpful and went above and beyond always made sure we had our refills treated our guest perfectly the food was excellent. You can not see the sunset the other reviews are correct on that but you still see the ocean boats coming in you can see dolphins jumping I love this place it is a great place for dinner. I would say this is the best restaurant on the island they also own mucky duck which is great also!!!! Nice romantic place and good food!

Holliston, Massachusetts
“Very good food as usual!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We hadn't been here for a couple of years during our annual Sanibel vacation. But came back this year and was not disappointed. The seafood was excellent. We'll put it back on our "must do" list for our next visit.

Visited March 2013
North shore, Boston
“Delicious dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We enjoyed dinner at the Green Flash while vacationing in Sanibel. The specials we had- angel hair pasta with seafood and a grilled salmon with a mango sauce over fresh vegetables- we're perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. We also enjoyed the Manhattan Conch Chowder and a crisp Caesar Salad. Our server, Doug, was excellent and the view from our table ,looked over the Sound. We considered it the best dinner of our three nights out!

North Scituate, Rhode Island
“No green flash here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I thought this restaurant would be on the gulf side where you can see the sunset ( and green flash), but it's not. Overlooks the bay side with views from every seat. Limited menu. Food and service were good, but not fantastic.

Visited March 2013