“long wait for really good food”

Sunshine Seafood Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Sylva, North Carolina
“long wait for really good food”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Even though we were one of only two tables being served at an early lunch, we waited eons for our fish sandwiches. But they were sssooooooo much better than the loveless, slapped together fish sandwiches we had a DocFords two days earlier, so we were extremely happy! And what is the rush, really?. It was fresh and tasty with delicious wine and cold tea....mmmm, happy campers.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Nancy L

New Hampshire
“Sunshine Seafood Cafe”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed in Captiva for 5 days and decided to try this restaurant based on reviews we read. We sat outside on the porch and started with the scallop and goat cheese appetizer. Yummy!! For dinner I had the red snapper, but my husband tried the fish special with a cranberry salsa, which we thought sounded intriguing. Mine was very good but his meal was scrumptious! Our server was patient when explaining food and wine choices. All in all, everything was more than satisfactory and we will return when we come back to this wonderful island!

1 Thank JMI720
Norwalk, Connecticut
“D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I want to start off saying that any poor or bad review of this restaurant needs to be taken with a grain of salt… My husband and I went here tonight. I was a bit nervous because of the mixed reviews. The meal was fabulous as well as the service. Our waitress Robin was so sweet, attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu. We started off with the mussel appetizer and house salad. The mussels were cooked to perfection and the broth was delicious. Robin made sure there was enough bread (which was also wonderful) to dip into the broth! My husband had the rack of lamb and I had the Chilean sea bass special. Both plates were cooked to perfection and had so much flavor. I did not want my plate to end. Generous portions that left us so full that we unfortunately, could not order dessert. My husband and I have a few days left on the island and I think we will come back for our last dinner before we head home.

3 Thank Jill D
Temple Terrace, Florida
“Mixed emotions”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went to dinner while visiting Captiva. Main seating is outdoors but it can be tricky when its raining. Service was good. Server very helpful. I ordered a Caesar salad with blackened chicken and a cup of gumbo. The salad was great but the chicken was very dry. The gumbo was the best I've had in a long time.

1 Thank Susan33637
Little Silver, New Jersey
“Excellent Meal on Captiva”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Visited Captiva Island April 12 to the 18th and had dinner every night at a different restaurant. Sunshine Seafood -Cafe and Wine Bar was by far the best restaurant for service and food. Upon arrival at the restaurant with a party of six the hostess informed us that we would have a short wait of about 15 minutes for a table. She was correct and we were promptly seated outside on the porch. The waitress gave our party a nice greeting, introduced herself and made our party feel very welcome. She gave us the menu and explained in detail the specials for the night. Each of the party members had a different appetizer and entree. Their Florida Seafood Gumbo , Fresh Red Snapper Picatta and numerous desserts were all excellent. . The wine and beer menu was varied and reasonably price. The opinion off our complete party was that this was their best restaurant experience and on the next trip to this island we all would go back to Sunshine Seafood Cafe.

• Visited April 2014