“Amazing seafood”

Sunshine Seafood Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dallas TX
“Amazing seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

By far the best meal of the week, very fresh seafood with an interesting menu and nice wine list. It's very small, and pretty slow - call first, we saw several people leave after waiting a while. Great for a leisurely dinner. (Beer and wine only)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank missgrl

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and even greater food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Finally! I real fresh dinner! We had been to a few restaurants before this one and were not quite as happy as we should have been for the price. But someone recommended the sunshine seafood cafe and we were so pleased! I had one of their specials with pesto pasta fresh blackened grouper and blackened shrimp. Let me tell you, AMAZING! My brother had the fresh yellowfin tuna and it was absolutely to die for! It was light and flakey. Well worth the price. The staff was so sweet and hospitable to my family of 5 (who can be kind of loud at some points) and always made us feel welcomed and definitely did not judge us when we walked into the restaurant. Best dinner here on the island so far! I would totally recommend it to anyone in the area; visiting or local.

1 Thank Livin_lively
Westminster, Maryland
“Best food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great place with the family or a couple. Great food and service. My favorite place to eat on the island regarding the food.

• Visited June 2012
Ocean City, New Jersey
“A nice change!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at a place nearby and decided to try this place. All our food was excellent, service very good. Freshest seafood we'd had since arriving on Captiva. Would have liked to sit in air condition, however, the ambience was very tropical. All of us would return.

Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had a super meal outside on the veranda. We had a look about other restaurants close by and we were only here for the day so wanted to get it right. Well it did not disappoint! Although yes it is more expensive than others we have visited on the gulf coast it was well worth it. Very attentive service but as said before not intrusive. My husband had the rack of lamb, he had been going to go for the special, the waiter recommended the lamb as well and he was so glad he had. I had the scallop and shrimp linguine and it was lovely, my son ate off the kids menu and went for the corn flake coated chicken, I did have to scrape this off as he didn't like it but ate the lot after I had done this, That's just kids for you. I would highly recommend to anyone to visit, we may not get the chance to travel back as we are up in the rotonda area but if we do visit in the future this will definately be on our list. Thank you Sunshine Cafe for such a lovely meal to end our perfect day on the Island.

• Visited June 2012