“Awesome meal, great food!!!!”

Sunshine Seafood Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
lexington,ky
“Awesome meal, great food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is the 2nd year in a row I have visted Sunshine Cafe. The food is great and so is the service. I went with the special Grouper stuffed with shrimp and crab. Amazing, while my mother, sister, and wife went wife the fried chicken which was amazing, and really amazed them because that's all I heard about for 2 days. This place has maybe 15 tables so call and get reservations.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank limo4fun

Lakewood, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Dining Experience for the Holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Sanibel/Captiva Islands can be a difficult proposition as far as getting good reservation times. This little Cafe hideaway on the northern end of the crescent was by far the best food we had during our 10 day stay. The fish was fresh. The service attentive but not intrusive. The atmosphere of dining outside in 70 degree weather during the evenings at 8:00PM couldn't be better. It's is without a doubt the islands best kept secret and the best restaurant we tried on our vacation.

• Visited December 2011
York, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional cuisine. Well worth the price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We dined here with another couple and all four of us were in total agreement that this was the BEST dinner we had all week, We just wished we would have found this little gem at the beginning of our vacation because we would have gone back a second time. Reservations recommended. Our dinner was a little pricey but to us well worth it.If you are looking for a cheap meal then this is not for you, My husband had the tuna and said it was very very good.The other couple and I picked the grouper and we all agreed it was the best we ever had! Robin and the other waiter that night were spot on! Can't wait to go back!

3 Thank Cindy B
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We enjoyed our meal so much that I wish we could have gone again but we ended our wonderful week in Captiva here and it was fantastic.We will go back on our next visit to Captiva ...the food and service were outstanding .

Barto, PA
“Overpriced in my opinion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were looking for a place to have a great meal to celebrate both Mothers day and an anniversary. We chose Sunshine seafood because of the previous reviews. First off be aware that there is no indoor seating at this restaurant. Needless to say throughout our entire meal we were shooing flies away from our food. As far as the food itself, it was nothing special. You do not get a salad with the entrees that are priced anywhere from $23 to 35 and the salads start at $6.95. I got the seafood scampi and honestly for $27 dollars I expected more than 3 shrimp and 3 scallops and the description stated it was made with asparagus. The only asparagus in my dish were tiny pieces from the stems, I did not have even one asparagus tip in my dish. To me that is unacceptable in a restaurant that is touting itself as fine dining and charging the prices they charge. My daughter and husband's dishes had a very odd cabbage as the vegetable that was braised in a sweet liquid and did not complement either of their meals. The Key Lime pie was pretty good. I would not waste my money going there again.

1 Thank cookingallday