“Very good seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We had a delicious meal. Pretty pricy but you get what you pay for on Captiva. Paella and grouper were delicious, as was kids chicken fingers. Kids pasta was nothing special.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Very delicious food! Small setting area but well worth the close quarters to enjoy their food.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

The service was good. I had one of the specials, Grouper with a parmesan sauce..absolutely delicous!! My companion had the shrimp and scallops scampi, it was good, but a bit on the dry side. The sauce was delicous, they just didn't give you enough of it. They have a nice wine selection. This place was very busy. I would strongly recommend reservations. We sat in the kitchen..cozy, but very cramped.

2  Thank Merrydanes
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I dined here with my husband and friend. My husband had seafood, I had steak and our friend had chicken. My husband and his friend enjoyed their entrees, my steak was okay. It was cooked properly just covered in a demi glaze and I mean covered. Overall, it was fine. It's not on the water and I would probably prefer to have lunch here so I can sit outside and see all the people and cars going by. I would eat here again.

1  Thank jennaz
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We picked up take-out from this restaurant. The order was over $100. When I reviewed the bill, I noticed a %10 gratuity added. The waitstaff was unable to explain what I was tipping them for, given that this was a take-out order. The only response I received was that, "It is our policy." Given that the restaurant was otherwise empty, I can almost understand tacking on this ridiculous charge. However, as both food and take-out service were mediocre, it was decidedly undeserved. I would skip this restaurant and go elsewhere.

2  Thank LDB51610
CapitvaCowboy, General Manager at Sunshine Seafood Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

I'm sorry your experience at Sunshine Seafood Cafe on Captiva Island was unpleasant. It was our policy to add 10% gratuity to all to-go items. We have since changed our policy on to-go orders and will no longer add 10% gratuity. Our fresh seafood is outstanding when prepared on our wood burning stove and is best served right off the grill. Pending the time the food stayed in the box, greatly influences the taste of any seafood. I do appreciate your input to better our service and food. Were always striving to better ourselves.