“Great for Sunsets”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed right down the road at the Captiva Island Inn this past weekend and we decided to dine here one evening after sunset. The wait was about 40 minutes for a table but the time passed very quickly. Once seated we were greeted by a friendly waitress and we order an appetizer and two entrees. The Duck Duck Shrimp appy was fantastic and my char grilled rib-eye was really good as well. My wife had some sort of fish entree and she loved it as well. I have been here many times in the past to enjoy drinks and live music in their outside area (especially for sunsets) and this is the first time that I have actually had a meal at the Mucky Duck. I was pleasantly surprised and we will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,917)

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had lunch at Mucky Duck. We were told it was a 10 minute wait but turned out to be 30. Place was jammed. The food is average but the place itself is an attraction. I had the fried shrimp and it was kind of tasteless. Good cold beer available. The location is beautiful.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Fantastic view, friendly staff, comfortable place. A wonderful place to relax, have a great drink and a delicious light meal, enjoy the view, and applaud the sunset. Ahhhh!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Spent $85 on food that was equal to what you can get at a Captain D's or Long John Silvers. The blonde girl working the bar was rude and had a bad attitude. Others we talked with agreed about her.

3  Thank crowbyrd1234 .
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great food and even better location! It gets very busy in peak seasons though and they don't take reservations so id suggest going there and putting your name on the waiting list (can be a couple of hours wait) then explore Captiva, the nearby shops and come back closer to the time or its literally on the beach front so we were happy to have a drink, watch the sunset and they have some musical entertainment outside aswell (although they finish pretty quickly after sunset).