“Better than I expected”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva
Reserve with OpenTable
Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a nice meal here. The food is good, the drinks are creative and excellent, and the bar scene is lively. It's a little loud, and I'd recommend making a reservation on a weekend or high season, but the service was good and the food was tasty. All in all, a good meal for a good value.

Doc F, Manager at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Doc Ford's Captiva! See you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I went to both Sanibel and Captiva locations. Both excellent quality and value in a fun friendly atmosphere fish tacos our best I've had and the feature fish special has always been great. Even the rice and black bean that accompany the meals are done perfectly.

Thank you for your response! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Doc Ford's Captiva!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Doc Ford's of Sanibel has just opened a location just outside of the South Seas Resort on Captiva! After seven winters on Captiva it is really great to have a true casual, yet outstanding quality restaurant, on Captiva. Excellent mussels, fish and ribs at reasonable prices. A true rarity on Captiva Island!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have been to three Doc Ford's in the past several years for business and vacation. They are all slightly different in location and decor, but seem to share a menu. This trip we had drinks and the marvelous ceviche appetizer at Doc Ford's on Captiva. I really like the ceviche, a large fresh portion for $8.95. Great bar. If you are a Randy Wayne White fan, Doc Ford's is for you! If you don't know who he is, it is still a great spot.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The restaurant was centrally located, the staff friendly and helpful. I had the scallops and black linguine and it was very rich but tasty. You can sit inside or outside and order a full dinner or small plate appetizers. I would come back again. This is not top notch gourmet but then again, I did not expect it to be.

Doc F, Manager at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your review, and the opportunity to have you as our guests! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time at Doc Ford's Captiva!! If you are interested, let me suggest trying one of our daily Chef Dinner Specials. They are guaranteed to surpass expectations of even the discerning diner with Fine dining expectations.