“Neat”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This restaurant has a really neat atmosphere. Thousands of antiques adorn the walls. Great for families. Great food. Huge portions. Lots to look at. Kept my on entertained. Great photo opportunities.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

and this is their claim to fame? tired, old, not worth it. just take your pictures outside and call it a day/evening.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a tiny, old building with small, dark rooms that are covered with old toys. Our party was squished into a corner so that we all had to stand up to let anyone out of their seat. We waited outside in a light rain to be seated. You can also wait in the bar, but I felt a bit claustrophobic there. Service was decent. I had to ask for refills and ask to get our bread (which is included with our entrees), but at least our server was around which is more than I could say at many Captiva restaurants. The cinnamon rolls were good. The entrees were large but pricey ($25-$30). Even the children's plates are really large (what kid can eat 1.5 chicken breasts on his own?) I had pasta with shrimp and couldn't eat half of it. Desserts are very large (mostly cake) so you could go just for that if you want to check the place out. There is a case right inside the door so you can also stop in and get one to go.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I ate here 5/1/14 for dinner, and might I say it was amazing! I had the Charlie Chaplin Chop, and he had the Some like it Hot, Hot, Hot! Pork chops were cooked to perfection, very moist and succulent to the last bite, the Some like it Hot is a spicy shrimp dish that was very flavorful as well, my husband ate every bit of it! Next came the cake, the slices were huge but amazing! I had the world famous orange crunch, recommend by a friend, and my husband had the moist chocolate cake, YUM! Our waitess was amazing as well she was able to answer any of the questions we had, and provided great service! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I passed by and saw the small reastarant with all the memorabilia so we decide to go in for lunch. Small place but overall good food and great big pieces of cake.