“Meh? ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Spent the day in Captiva and stopped in for an early dinner at the Bubble Room. Michael was our server--he was awesome. However, I would have preferred to be waited on by someone so awesome--that wasn't in a Boy Scout uniform. Decor is totally fun and crazy. Think of antique fest meets crazy cat lady estate sale--totally up my alley. The problem was the food...mediocre at best. I had the shrimp appetizer which was good. And the cheese bread was tasty. But no one else at my table seemed thrilled with their meal and it's way overpriced. I mean way overpriced.

However, the desserts are delish. That's probably the only reason I'd ever go back. And there were plenty of regulars getting piece of cake to go. Which is clearly the way TO GO.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,763)

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My mom and I ate dinner. The inside of The Bubble Room was very interesting, all the different old toys they have and the Christmas room was nice. The food was yummy and the dessert and you got your money's worth for the dessert.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Worst ever restaurant . The whole place is horrible and the service is crazy and weird.The whole place is dusty and there is an alley with toys in it . I am sure I saw one of the toys move, I freaked out . Christmas is everyday at bubble room which had an area of Santa's grotto and the plastic people faces were doing a scary look at me. We ordered the food but I had no idea what I asked for and it was mingy and the water glass was dirty and it was a jam jar. We left hungry with a sad face..... . less than 1 I would give it!!!

4  Thank JoetheReporter
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a truly unique restaurant with plenty of memorabilia everywhere to enjoy. Take a tour it is fun. The wait staff wears what appear to be old boy scout uniforms. The food is more than adequate but be sure to save room for desserts. They are home made and to die for. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank Drakesisland
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Have been here several times before -- always fun

we went for lunch (TWICE) -- less crowded, less expensive

I have the grouper both times - no complaints

the chips/cheese/bacon appetizer was tasty - probably not too healthy

the desserts are always great -- we take them to go -- I like the orange cake the best

this is a place you shouldn't miss if you are spending time in captiva