“A long drive to the end of Captiva for lunch”

The Bubble Room Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Captiva Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A long drive to the end of Captiva for lunch”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We drove from Naples to Sanibel Island to Captiva Island as a road trip with my Sister-in-law and Mother. Friends had told us to have lunch at the The Bubble Room. They said the food was fabulous and the desserts were "out of this world". We had the seafood chowder, the Mahi Mahi lunch which included beans and rice, and a burger. The chowder was very good, the Mahi Mahi was ok and the burger was cooked medium-well although I ordered medium. Portions were good-sized, no sides with the burger but you could order their homemade chips. The server was friendly and good. The dessert tray was full of 4 inch slices of cake and we saw many people taking a piece of cake home. We ordered key lime pie and shared it three-ways. It was very good. I am not sure I would drive all this way for this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014

Tiverton, United Kingdom
“You have to try the bubble bread!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is without a doubt the best restaurant ever - I love it :) The food is fantastic - the bubble bread is a masterpiece, the portions are huge, the steaks are AMAZING (try the Tarzan or Jane cut, or Dem Bones Dem Bones). The puddings are enormous. The staff (or should I say Bubble Scouts) are exceptional.

• Visited August 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Cute little place”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The food was good, but this is more keyed to kids than adults. We had a passable gumbo and of course the huge dessert cakes all seem to be popular (for good reason)!

Visited February 2014
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Stop for the cake and loaded Carolina Moons.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Made our annual trip to Fort Myers area and it would not be complete without a trip to the Bubble room for cake and loaded Carolina Moons. Plenty of cheese and bacon on the moons as always. Then 2 pieces of cake to share for me, wife and 2 kids, Should have gotten another piece to go as the cake was even better than usual.

• Visited January 2014
Winona, Minnesota
“Smelly and gross”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went for just the desserts. I was warned by others to stay away, but since it was my birthday I thought I should check it out. Everyone was right about the smell being very musty. Reminded me of an old persons home who is a pack rat. The hostess was completely rude. It just felt gross and dirty. Carpet needs replacing. Kids liked to look around but I couldn't wait to get out. $9 for cake was steep. It's good, but not that good.

• Visited January 2014