“Interesting Place”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Orlando, Florida
“Interesting Place”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very unique place.  It reminds me of a creepy haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights.  It is filled with toys and photos from the 40’s and 50’s.  You have to spend a few minutes wondering around.  Something about those dolls with the plastic faces gives me the creeps.  But the service decent and the food was good.  I loved the “Carolina Moons”, homemade chips with bacon and cheese.  The homemade cakes looked good too but we were too stuffed to try any of them.   We did have to wait a bit for a table and then I was little disappointed when I went exploring and found a whole floor of empty tables.  But what do I know about running a restaurant?  I think you have to try this place once just to experience it.  But I don’t know if I would go back.  I think I watched too many horror movies as a kid that were in a similar setting.  I just can’t get passed that.  But that is no reflection on the food or service.  That is just my crazy mind.

Visited September 2013

Clermont, Florida, United States
“Returned after 30 years”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife & I returned after 30 years. Last time we were here we were dating. We were a little apprehensive. We read a number of mixed reviews. I am happy to report that the BR still has its charm & the food & service is still great. In fact were going back for dinner tonight. Going to try some bubble bread this time.

“Eclectic, You Bet Cha'”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the most refreshing, enjoyable restaurants you will ever visit. Imagine a christmas toy store mixed with a dessert bakery, wrapped up in a scout meeting, serving good food. Then you will be close to imagining the experience. The food was enjoyable, the dessert is unbelievable. Anyone visiting and not having a slice of the Orange Crunch Cake is missing a fantastic opportunity to taste Heaven.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Not impressed”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The place is small and FULL of stuff. Just random things. Like someone that had a tons of old toys/antiques started a restaurant. I personally did not like the food. Pretty pricey for what we were getting. Food was heavy. Desserts were very large. We had the butterfinger ice cream pie & the red velvet cake. Neither were outstanding. Just average in taste, but huge in size.

East Brady, Pennsylvania
“island lunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we loved the ambiance and the food and service was great .we had a lot of fun looking at all the memorabilia. We made it our favorite food spot.

• Visited December 2012