“A fun evening”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is our second visit to Captiva's Bubble room. Went 20 yrs ago as a couple and went back with kids/grandkids which made it delightful. 8 month old baby couldn't stop looking at all the lights etc. It's got great fast service which is good for kids. Food is average and not real cheap. More an experience than anything else.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,818)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were taken to the 3rd floor so we got to see each level and the smell got worse the higher you got. After waiting about 15 minutes for a server the first thing she reassured us is that the staff cleans the atrocious clutter that stains the walls and ceiling every night. Why would she feel the need to inform us of that? After ordering drinks we looked at the menu and couldn't find anything under $20 that sounded edible. We then debated an exit strategy until the server returned. We managed to move to the bar where we enjoy the convo with the bartender who entertained us with his Dave chapel impersonation and stories about nat geo wildlife shows. It was obvious that he hated his job and wasn't thrilled to be wearing an adult boy scout uniform. Avoid at all costs unless your looking for a good place to drop acid.

2  Thank Mcmahan2
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a must see if you are on Captiva Island in Florida. My wife and I loved this restaurant. The food was excellent. The staff was great. The decor is not too be missed. There was lots of nostalgia to see; things popular when I was a kid. I like restaurants that serve things I can't get at home and give me something to talk about long after the meal is over and this is the place . The Orange Cake at the end was the best. I will go for lunch or dinner at the Bubble Room every time I visit Captiva. Great place!

1  Thank teethers
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Bubble Room is unlike anything else I have ever seen, lol. It is unique. It is decorated with tons of Christmas items and pictures of celebrities. It's a little tight. So try to leave the bulky stollers in the car if you take the kids. The plus side is that the kids have a ton to see while they are waiting for their food. The food however is so so. It's definitely a place to check out, just to say you have been there.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived to be welcomed by a Girl Scout who took us to our table. The rooms are funny but a little old and creepy also the place smells a little old! My pulled pork was Louisiana amazing but is served with crisps not chips #strange. I wouldn't go back as it felt a bit like an old people's home..