All reviews jensen brothers old florida mucky duck boat rentals bait shop cayo costa bubble room nice dock bedroom cottage cheeseburger in paradise cabbage key within walking distance fishing poles screened porch great shelling andy rosse gulf side
Reviewed June 25, 2014

DH and I stayed at Jensen's Twin Palm Resort for almost a week, in cottage #12, on the upper level of the duplex. We absolutely loved our little cottage - it was very clean, well kept up, and had everything we needed, even a corkscrew! :) The only thing that gave us a little pause was a very ,very firm bed. Everything else was perfect in the cottage! Service at check in and out was great, everyone was so friendly and helpful! They have a nice little gift shop on site. Many people come to fish or rent boats from the marina, so the parking for the cottages can tend to get very full during the day, we had a hard time finding parking a couple of times.
Each evening around 5pmish the manatees came in to the dock area. At one time there were 14 of them hanging around, several of them so close we could have touched them (we didn't of course) It has been on my list of 'wants' to see manatees up close and this definitely fulfilled that desire! We spent a good amount of time watching them on each evening of our stay! Make sure you wear bugspray out at that time of day...the no see'ums got me really bad. I have never had this many bites or such a reaction to them before. Even now, a week and a half to almost 2 weeks later I am covered in scabs on my legs and arms. I am sure I was so enthralled watching the manatees, that I didn't even realize the bugs were biting that bad! That will teach me! LOL!
There are several restaurants within walking distance of this resort, and Captiva Beach is accessible about a 2 and a half block walk away.
We also rented a pontoon boat for the day; guests of the resort receive the rental for 50% of the cost. We rode out to Cayo Costa park and docked there, bringing a picnic lunch with us. Very beautiful beach there!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Sunseekergirl77
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I just spent our 22nd anniversary in cottage #8 and I can't imagine staying anywhere else on Captiva. We loved the privacy and the immaculate accommodations. Being such animal/wildlife lovers we both ageed the quality time we had with the manatees was the highlight of our stay. The Jensen's were also unbelievably kind to us when my husband got "lost at sea" in his boat. Please stay at this beautiful space!,

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovinlondon2
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place was great! We could walk to the village easily for food and beach access. There was a nice beachy/dock area at the marina with palapas and chairs in sun or shade. Best of all were the ever present manatees who seem to live at the marina all the time. So fun! the accommodations were very adequate, inside and out. If you are looking for service and amenities, this is not the place for you. They completely leave you alone unless you request help. No bothersome maid knocking, ever.

Room Tip: request a room with a covered porch
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 385nancyl
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We LOVED this place. From the moment we checked in we were treated so warmly. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. We were really made to feel welcome. It's a charming little place. The cottages are clean and inviting and have all you need. We stayed in cottage number two - and it has a great screened in porch with a nice picnic table and two chairs. Our friends stayed in # 11 and it was awesome too. We were able to park our boat at the marina every night and they helped us find room for our trailer. We tried to go to Tween Waters for lunch by boat and were treated so rudely and that has happened several times before. We will not even consider Tween Waters next time. We'll stay here or try Jensen's on the Gulf. They have got the right attitude! We loved our stay:)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey P
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a WONDERUL little marina on Captiva Island, and we loved staying here. While we weren't there to fish, we loved the atmosphere, the view.........the feeling :) We stayed in the cottage closest to the street. It's is an open floor design with kitchen, bedroom, living room all in one, with a separate bathroom. The cottage was small, but very clean. The Jensen brothers are VERY nice people. We loved watching the manatees, who were at the marina most of the time. The cottages were a very short walk to the island store and numerous restaurants. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family