All reviewsjensen brothersold floridamucky duckboat rentalsbait shopcayo costafishing tipsgreat boatbubble roomnice dockbedroom cottagecheeseburger in paradisemanatees and dolphinsreal floridaisland lifecabbage keywithin walking distance
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This review is for the marina. We did not stay here but will consider next time we come here! From the outside the cottages were quaint all with a screened in porch. The folks at the marina were very welcoming, informative and hospitable. Hubby and I splurged because it was our 25th anniversary on a private trip to N. Captiva Island from here with Captain Shawn who was the "captain of the day" . We stayed out for 6 hours, Shawn dropped us off on the bay side of the island and got us in as far as he possibly could. Nice guy, wish we would have done it earlier in the week because we would have gone on a fishing trip instead of spending $60 bucks at the fish monger parked at the Island Store on Thursday.( The fish was great though and worth the size that we bought) Note to self for next time, and we WILL be back. Anyway at the arranged upon time for pick up Captain Shawn was right there. Wading back out into the bay at high tide was kinda freaky for me even though I'm a water girl I am not familiar with the aquatic life in that area. Just walking out to meet the boat was awesome! We saw some clear, straight, seahorse looking fish (I apologize to the locals for being a dunce) And another group of big fish, and some type of an eagle ray that headed right toward me as I was wading out that scared the crap outta me. On top of that we saw a manatee raise its nose above the water and at the time Im thinking what the H**ck is that! Thankfully Captain Shawn was pulling up as I saw the manatee and confirmed thats what it was. ( Reminder Im a North Eastern shore girl used to jelly fish, crabs, sharks and sting rays but was spooked a bit being in my bare feet, wear water shoes if you get goose bumps too). LOL It was a great day shelling where he dropped us off to walk across from the bay to the ocean which was a very short distance. We took a cooler and a waterproof bag and had a great time! Plan ahead, plan that you will walk a tad to get to the oceanside and you will be A OK. We did hit a honey hole for shells the day he dropped us off and most of the day we were the only one on the beach. Well worth it and hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: We saw manatee and an eagle ray when we came back, dont be in a hurry to go!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DEskigurl
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We spent four nights here for our 26th anniversary. We came here because my brother-in-law, who passed away last year, used to come here to go fishing. We were familiar with Captiva, from business conferences, and my wife coming in the 60's. We picked cottage #2 because it had a king bed. You can see all the cottages online, but the photos don't do them justice. Our cottage was spotless, and looked recently updated. The bathroom was very modern, no tub, just a very nicely tiled shower. The property is in the bay, and has a dock for boats and fishing. The office has bait and tackle, drinks, ice etc. You are walking distance from the gulf of Mexico, shops, and restaurants. The staff at Jensen's are wonderful. They brought us ice, and when we locked ourselves out, cheerfully came and let us in, even though they had gone home for the night. We cooked in our kitchen, and barbequed by the bay. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peterthegreatmlkj
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Jensen's! The brothers made us feel welcome from the first time we called to inquire about reservations. My husband called a couple of times to get their recommendations on fishing guides and they were helpful. Upon checking in, our cabin was spotless and had everything in it that we would need for the week! When we got back from our fishing trip, they offered us all the stuff to grill our catch from the day.

We will stay with the Jensen's on our next visit to Captiva Island. Thanks for making our vacation wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FarrahKS
Reviewed September 14, 2013

There are not enough words.
This is lovely, old Florida, with wonderfully comfortable cottages and a feeling of stepping back to the laid back Sanibel-Captiva that I visited as a kid (I am 60). I first came to these islands at 5 years of age, on the ferry! The majority of Captiva has now been taken over by "money." There are hideous, massive "houses" tucked (or forced) into the beautiful palms in places, BUT not here at the Jensen's. You can't even SEE that visual destruction from here. Here it is FLORIDA. It is beautiful and peaceful, incredibly so. You can sit at the edge of the water and watch a mother manatee and child mere meters from your feet!

The Jensen brothers are three of the nicest, most caring, wonderful people you will ever meet. My wife and I have traveled a lot of the world and stayed in many, many places, but none has ever surpassed the wondrous, welcoming feeling of Jensen's Twin Palms.
This is what 'heaven' looks like in my mind. This place is as good as it can be. I could write for hours and still not capture how wonderful it is.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank R B
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the sister resort, Jensen's On the Gulf, but the marina was where we checked in and got the key for our cottage. The Jensens and their staff were so friendly, like we'd known them for years. During the week, we shopped there - t-shirts, fishing supplies, etc - and they helped us get a golf cart for the week since the only place that rented them on Captiva were sold out. They found a company on Pine Island who brought us a cart, dropped it off at the marina where we picked it up the next day. They were so helpful and we really appreciated having that golf cart to zip around the island in the hot weather! The cottages at the marina looked very nice from the outside and I'm sure the service there was as good as the service we got at their sister resort. Great place, would recommend them and their sister resort to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple