All reviewsjensen brothersold floridamucky duckboat rentalsbait shopcayo costafishing tipsgreat boatbubble roomnice dockbedroom cottagecheeseburger in paradisemanatees and dolphinsreal floridaisland lifecabbage keywithin walking distance
Reviewed September 14, 2013

There are not enough words.
This is lovely, old Florida, with wonderfully comfortable cottages and a feeling of stepping back to the laid back Sanibel-Captiva that I visited as a kid (I am 60). I first came to these islands at 5 years of age, on the ferry! The majority of Captiva has now been taken over by "money." There are hideous, massive "houses" tucked (or forced) into the beautiful palms in places, BUT not here at the Jensen's. You can't even SEE that visual destruction from here. Here it is FLORIDA. It is beautiful and peaceful, incredibly so. You can sit at the edge of the water and watch a mother manatee and child mere meters from your feet!

The Jensen brothers are three of the nicest, most caring, wonderful people you will ever meet. My wife and I have traveled a lot of the world and stayed in many, many places, but none has ever surpassed the wondrous, welcoming feeling of Jensen's Twin Palms.
This is what 'heaven' looks like in my mind. This place is as good as it can be. I could write for hours and still not capture how wonderful it is.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank R B
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the sister resort, Jensen's On the Gulf, but the marina was where we checked in and got the key for our cottage. The Jensens and their staff were so friendly, like we'd known them for years. During the week, we shopped there - t-shirts, fishing supplies, etc - and they helped us get a golf cart for the week since the only place that rented them on Captiva were sold out. They found a company on Pine Island who brought us a cart, dropped it off at the marina where we picked it up the next day. They were so helpful and we really appreciated having that golf cart to zip around the island in the hot weather! The cottages at the marina looked very nice from the outside and I'm sure the service there was as good as the service we got at their sister resort. Great place, would recommend them and their sister resort to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaneyZee
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this location for three nights. The place is clean and the beds are comfortable. The owners and the people that work there are very professional and very friendly. We rented a boat for a day and went to Cabbage Keys, Cayo Costa and enjoyed ourselves. It was a lot of fun. We stayed in cottage #14 but it was a little noisy with the people staying on the top floor. However, overall we were very happy. It was a great 4th of July weekend.

Room Tip: No swimming pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HildaFortLauderdale
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having been to Captiva many times, we'd been through Jensen's Marina to rent boats and watch the manatees, but we always stayed somewhere else. I decided to give them a try this year and boy was I glad I did. Our cottage was number 8, right on the water. It was so charming. Everything was immaculate. Felt immidiately at home. The view of the marina and sound was so pretty. It was quiet and comfy. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need to cook - not that I did! The bed was comfortable too.

Centrally located near Andy Rosse Court, we really didn't need a car. We could've gotten away without the car rental entirely. Everything is within walking distance (except Sanibel Steakhouse which was on our hit list!) Groceries, souveniers, bike/chair/umbrella rentals, and all of the restaurants on Captiva are just a few steps away.

We also rented a boat for one day and went to Cayo Costa shelling and fishing in the pass which was very fun. Boats are always spotless and in good condition.

You do have to ask for clean towels, and there is no housekeeping, but I kind of like the fact that people weren't in and out of our stuff. The only negative remark is that the air conditioner is very loud when it's running. But, we will definately be going back. The Jensen brothers were always personalble and helpful and always have a smile on their faces. We felt very comfortable being their guests.

Room Tip: Number 8 is the nicest location. I haven't been in any others rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Susan M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Jensen's #12 apt was perfect for us. Spotless, quiet, quaint and the most friendly owners and guests. Manatees, dolphins, birds, boats and fishing guides all right there. A short walk to great shelling & gorgeous sunsets. Restaurants, groceries & shops only a few minutes walk. Also Andy's fresh fish truck Tuesday & Thursday...we bought shrimp & cooked them ourselves...delicious!!
Shawn took us fishing & we each got a Redfish; he filleted them and we fried them for supper...mmm good. We had a free hour boat tour with Jessie; very interesting, nice, friendly guy.
We will definitely return and we hope it never changes!!!

Room Tip: #12 is perfect for a couple wanting a clean, quiet, one bedroom apt with a lovely kitchen.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple