We stayed a week here in August and had a great time. We stayed in the Gumbo Limbo building with a Bay view. I read some bad reviews and was concerned, but this is a great island hotel. Our room was rennovated, and showed slight wear in the bathroom but other that that the accomodations were great for our family fo 4.
The pool was clean and large, the pool bar staff was top notch, remembering our name from one day to the next.
There was a family of Manatees living in the bay that we saw every day, first time in all my vacations in Florida I actually saw a Manatee.
Some reviews talked about bugs in the room and we had none. There were the no-see-ums at night on the beach that were eating us alive!!! but there is no way the resort can control this. We saw a sunset from the Mucky Duck one evening and got bit up there too. I recommend strong bug spray!
The hotel staff was friendly and prompt. Our batteries in our remote were out and by the time I left the front desk to have them call someone, the maintenance guy was at my door before I was even back to the room.
I would highly recommend this hotel. It is not a "chain" motel by any means, but it is a great island resort with large rooms and great views (I recommend booking a Bayside room).
The breakfast in the morning was really good, lots of fresh fruit and pastries. My husband ordered eggs one morning and he was very pleased also.
We are already planning a trip back to visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island