“Terrible Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Tampa, Florida
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

Rude & Threatening by parking staff. Never visit this place again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BySeaWeSay
Jeff S, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
The only incident our parking staff had on this date was with a non-guest who wanted to park and use our beach and refused to register at reception. We require all non guests to get parking passes in order to maintain security for our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Global
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

First thing ... if you can be in Sanibel/Captiva in October (can be windy) or May the locals will love you for the trade and the place is yours .... hardly any kids ... which I love ... took mine many times ... but this was a trip for US !!.
Some places are getting tired, Tween Waters is fresh. Not sure we wanted to sleep in the fancy rooms by the road so we went to 322 at the back with the bay view ... quiet .. large room felt like our flat .. shade car port .
All food excellent smiling faces , good service. Great meal at the "Old Captiva House"
not many people there but that "out of Season" for you , heard that the Pasta night at the Crows nest was great later in the bar ... excellent Pina Collada night cap.
Beds and room clean and comfortble . Great pool area for those not willing to experience the AWESOME beach ... dont be put off that its the otherside of the road ...
Beach bed $15 all dat for 2 or bring your chairs and Shade.
Had the best break ... see you in October or May

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mbpolo
Rehoboth Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

I have recently returned from a "girlfriends getaway". I had not been to Tween Waters for quite a few years so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was looking like it needed some TLC the last time I was there. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the rooms had been remodeled. I was impressed with the decor and happy that the bed was so comfortable.
Trying to please 11 ladies is not the easiest chore, but the staff did their best to do so. We even had to borrow a DVD player for one of our events and if I'm not mistaken one of the staff members brought one from their own home for us to use.
There was a problem with the phones, Verizon didn't have a good reception , but AT&T seemed to work well. That is to be expected for afterall, Captive IS an island.
I would not hesitate to recommend Tween Waters to friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SharonDelaware
fort lauderdale, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

I live in Fort Lauderdale and wanted to get away for a couple of days with my girlfriend so I focused on the Gulf Coast of Florida since it was a convenient drive distance and uncovered Captiva Island and the Tween Waters Inn. I reviewed their web site and was very impressed so I gave them a call. That's when I knew this was a good choice.

I spoke with Don who could not have been nicer and full of great info so I booked a 2 night (Tuesday and Wednesday) night stay right then and there. Well, you know how some web sites are not exactly what you get when you get there? Not the case here at all. Their web site was a spot on representation of their entire property, if anything the place was BETTER than their web site.

The check in was smooth, the room was very clean on arrival, and the facilities were well maintained. The person at the desk was friendly and thorough and suggested we try their 2 for 1 prime rib dinner (Tuesday night). We got settled in and decided to try the prime rib dinner special at their restaurant. The service was nice and friendly and the food was also very good.

We had the continental breakfast in the morning (included) which had a wide array of fresh fruits, cereals, and breads in a bright comfortable dining area. Very good. We spent the day taking advantage of the beach and pool areas, including the pool bar. The bartender Lisa was super nice and showed great excitement in her job and the hotel even though it was mid week in September and a little quite just before the Labor Day weekend. I treated my girlfriend to a deep tissue massage in their spa. The ladies in the spa were also happy and helpful and my girlfriend enjoyed her massage.

We decided to go back to the restaurant for dinner which was offering a pasta night theme as well as their regular menu. We got a different server but still the same friendly service.

The whole stay was great from beginning to end. This property is well managed and everything they have on their web site is accurate if not actually better once you get there.

We highly recommend this resort and will definitely be back

(I had to remove and add this review because I made a mistake when I rated elements of my stay)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank philleshphan
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We live 45 minutes away but wanted a one day get-a-way. We bought a day pass for 25$ and went to the restaurant on the 14 acre premises and used the pass toward the breakfast. We had a choice of a cold or hot item buffet-$9.95 or $14.95 or $ 5.95 for hotel guests. Excellent food and big portions. 6 different juices, delicious coffee ( a pot was placed on our table), eggs, pastries, cereals, fruits,bacon, etc. We walked around to the marina, pool, and looked at some of the cabins and then across the road to the beach. Cabanas and umbrella with chairs are available to rent. Quiet/clean beach. Patrols on foot or golf carts are around for questions and guidance. Lots of activities list in registration area. EVERYONE couldn't have been nicer to us. We will be back!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank llsimms
Estero, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

We are local to the area and booked a room through Orbitz for a two night, quick getaway. Unfortunately, only minutes later, we received an emergency call regarding family, and called to cancel. The staff at Tween Waters said they had not received the reservation from Orbitz, so they would not book the room when they did receive it. I called Orbitz, who cancelled the reservation right away (no charge) and Orbitz called Tween Waters (while I remained on the phone) to let them know the reservation was officially cancelled. Twwen Water told them the same think...the reservation would NOT be booked. Wow.....today I received a one night charde ($270.30) on my credit card because I cancelled!!!! UNLESS YOUR LIFE IS PERFECT, DO NOT STAY AT TWEEN WATERS. THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER.........THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ONE ROOM.....WHICH, BTW, IS NOT AS NICE AS THOSE AT THE NEW SOUTH SEAS RESORT.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NNSEJS
Vine Grove, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I were driving up the Gulf Coast and decided at the last minute to stay on Captiva. I had previously viewed Tween the Waters online but it doesn't do it justice. We received a great walk-in rate on their King Studio which overlooked the Gulf. The resort spreads from the Gulf to the Bay and is just a short walk. On the Bay side, I waded out into the water and interacted with the Manatee and on the Gulf side, you can watch the dolphins play. The entire Island is a slow-paced relaxing atmosphere. A great place to rest and enjoy the beauty of the ocean. Their marina also offers dolphin tours, shelling tours, etc. It is a great place to travel as a couple or with a family. The staff was so very friendly and accomodating! We look forward to another visit soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,365 reviews
Sanibel Moorings
Sanibel Moorings
#1 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!