What a real disappointment ! Booked online for 5 nights & outside everything was beautiful but the hotel room was a different question - it was dirty, old furniture & even older carpet with a very foisty smell - there was no way we could have stayed there overnight, never mind 5 nights.
To be fair, we were given our deposit back as the hotel was full, but we understand that 2 of the 3 blocks were refurbished- our block wasn't, that was clear.
Very unfair to charge high rates for rooms like this !
We had travelled from England to stay here - if it hadn't been for friends we would have had nowhere to stay that night !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn
- Tween Waters Captiva Island
- 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida