“FANTASTIC TWEEN WATERS!!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Hernando, Fl
“FANTASTIC TWEEN WATERS!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My Husband and I have NEVER been PAMPERED SO MUCH!!! The staff all makes you part of the family! If you ever want a piece of paradise, this is it! 4 hour drive from my home but WELL worth it! Exceeded my expectations! They actually remember your names and your preferences! "Your usual" , is not uncommon. Thank you Angie! A truly 1st rate vacation! Maria is the love of my life! The Sister, I never had! She could NOT have been more helpful. Frank on the Piano did a request for me of "Somewhere in Time". It made me cry! Robert, our waiter made everything just perfect, going out of his way to get us some Bearnaise sauce for my steak! Very comfortable quarters. Fine Dining! Absolutely EVERYTHING! The water is beautiful.. None of the dark tea stains that were mentioned before. Really one of the BEST vacations that I have EVER had!
Love,
Susan Jones

Pictures to follow!

Room Tip: I was on the ocean side, but there are no lights on the water, so instead I would pick a 1 bedroom...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager22, Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Susan,

We are honored to be considered “one of the BEST vacations that you have EVER had.” I often say to our staff that our guests come to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort and Spa for our beautiful island beach and bay location and our amenities. But they return again and again because of how they are treated by our staff while they are here. I am truly proud of the hard work and effort our staff put in each and every day and for the relationships and experiences they create with our guests. We thank you for staying with us again and I have shared your kind words with all of our staff. We look forward to your next visit and be sure to join our over 21,000 fans on our Facebook page for resort updates, information, and specials.

Kind regards

Doug Babcock
Vice President
Rochester Resorts Inc.
dbabcock@Tween-Waters.com
(239)472-5161 x453

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Mackinaw
Reviewed October 21, 2013

For the second time, my husband and I stayed in the Sea Grape on the third floor overlooking the ocean. We ate continental breakfast every morning in the Old Captiva House. There we had fresh fruit and bagels. In the afternoon we spent time at the pool and had a great server, Maria who took excellent care of us and made awesome drink suggestions. One day we rented a boat from the marina at the hotel and did some island hopping just north of Captiva.

Overall we had a great stay at the hotel.

Travelers tip: One thing we learned was due to wind we had to keep the "do not disturb" sign wedged in the door rather than hanging on the door handle. The maid entered the room a couple times when we thought we posted the sign and I think it was because of wind blowing it off.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Andrea C
Loxahatchee, Florida, USA
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Here's my only compliment: Hostess at restaurant was very nice and did her job as expected. . Front desk clerk (young blonde girl) and the old gent working the marina store shouldn't have jobs there...very demeaning. Worst complaint is the over abundance of sand. It's everywhere. I understand the beach theme since I've lived in South Florida my entire life. The sand however is everywhere including, rooms, restaurants, front office, etc. It sticks to the bottom of your shoes/flip flops and follows you everywhere. I like a clean place and this facility can never offer that. Surrounding waterways are not nearly as nice as on the East Coast of Florida. The "no-see-ums" were attacking us at all locations at the facility, except indoors...the beach was safe. I brought a small boat and beached it since that was free. In the morning my boat was completely out of the water. I managed to turn my 15' boat towards the water but was unable to push it into the water. I asked the marina manager for assistance and no help was offered. Just looked at me like I was the most stupid person he'd met. Front desk called someone and we got the boat back in the water in 15 seconds. I just needed another strong man to help. I will never ever stay here or recommend this facility to anyone. I'm retired from the Coast Guard after 21 years and know how to work with boats...even so, people do need help sometimes and the marina manager could care less. "the tide will be up in a few hours"...what a jerk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank RobertTammyTyler
GeneralManager22, Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear RobertTammyTyler,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am very concerned by your experience with our staff. I have sent you a personal message through Trip Advisor in the hopes of personally discussing your stay in more detail. We encourage our staff to exceed our guest’s expectations each and every day and they are often complimented personally and on this and many other review sites. Unfortunately our resort and our location, like all travel destinations, are not for everyone. However, that does not make your experience and how you were treated by our staff any less valid and there is no excuse. Please contact me at your convenience so we may discuss your stay in more detail and I can gain a better understand as to where we may have missed the mark. We cannot change the outcome but we hope to learn from our mistakes and prevent similar experiences in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience.

Kind regards

Doug Babcock
Vice President
Rochester Resorts Inc.
Dougbabcock22@gmail.com
(239)472-5161 x453
NY
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have been regulars at Tween Waters for 20 years now. We really love this place, so I figured I would update my latest review from 2011.

The property is located on a large piece of land, sandwiched between a white sand beach and the bay. That's why they call it Tween Waters.

The resort includes a large salt water pool, a good pool bar (Oasis), a not-so-good restaurant with a good bar (Crow's Nest), an upscale restaurant with above average food (Old Captiva House), a marina, marina store, gift shop, decent spa, tennis, bike rentals, canoe rentals, kayak rentals, boat charters and rentals, and tours.

The rooms vary greatly, from hotel style, to three bedrooms with kitchens, to unique cottages. Some rooms have been renovated more recently than others (when you book, don't forget to ask for a recently renovated room). For example, the Sea Grape rooms are old and small - like typical motel rooms, whereas the cottages are unique and spacious. The other rooms range in size, date of renovation, ammenities and views. Your experience will vary greatly depending upon which room you select. The cottages are our family favorite. When you reserve, make sure you understand exactly where you will be staying.

The beach is fantastic, usually empty, offers spectacular sunsets and is full of shells. The pool is a great size and is often visited wedding parties (the resort hosts a lot weddings) and by boaters who dock at the marina. Waiter/waitress service is available at the pool for both food and drinks. It is true that the resort charges (a lot) for chair and umbrella rentals on the beach. To avoid this, we usually stop at the supermarket on the way in from the airport (since we usually rent a room with a kitchen) and pick up cheap chairs.

About a mile down the street is the small town of Captiva, with a few shops, bars and restaurants, including the Mucky Duck pub - a great beach bar; the Bubble Room restaurant (skip the main course; just get appetizers and desert (Butter Crunch / Butterfingers is the best, followed by Orange Crunch)); and the Green Flash restaurant (decent food; great views). A few miles back is Sanibel, which, although far from big, is larger than Captiva. Sanibel has many more restaurants and shops.

The Crow's Nest has hermit crab races twice a week - an early show for families and a late show for adults. Tim has been hosting the races for decades. He is funny, but even the family show is tailored more for adults than children (as a result, my children really enjoy the show). I wouldn't go to Tween Waters for the hermit crab races, but if you are there anyway, it is worth a stop-by (you'll laugh more than once).

A nice Continental breakfast is included.

What's not to like?

If you are looking for night life, Captiva and Tween Waters may not be for you. If you want valet parking and to be able to wear your blue blazer at breakfast, head to the Ritz in Naples. If you want to spend a bit less money, there are plenty of "this place is no different than anywhere else" type places on Sanibel. But if you are looking for a relaxing, unique, fun, family-friendly place, reasonably priced, with a great beach, you might want to consider Tween Waters,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank yossarian
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 wonderful nights at Tween Waters. We started in a studio and upgraded to a one bedroom cottage. The staff and management were very friendly and accommodating, the food in all the restaurants was very good. It is very much old Florida and reminded me of trips I took with my parents to Florida when I was younger. I'm in the process of scheduling two more trips there next year!

Room Tip: We loved the cottage facing the gulf
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimT9212013
Franklin, TN
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My son and his wife had their wedding at Tween Waters, and I must say it was a complete success. The wedding coordinator was phenomenal, the property was gorgeous and the dining, informal and formal, was a great value. The rooms were a bit small, but who cares. With views such as these you will spend most of your time outside. The pool and the pool bar were great, and the poolside diners were no less. The exercise facility was more than adequate.

The staff was terrific and very helpful. When you arrive, they give you a vacation package that includes some discounts on dining and activities. I will most certainly go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for three nights and found the staff and management extremely friendly and accommodating. It was off season for them and upon check in, we discussed our needs with the manager and he acknowledge our requirements and was able to provide a room upgrade at no charge. They provide a free breakfast which included cereals, fruits, juices, danish and coffee or you can order a hot breakfast off their menu at a charge in their restaurant. The resort is located by the bay and is across the road from the gulf, just a short distance. The pool was inviting and they have a pool bar for food and beverages. Overall, we were very satisfied and look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Sanibel Moorings
Sanibel Moorings
#1 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!