Here's my only compliment: Hostess at restaurant was very nice and did her job as expected. . Front desk clerk (young blonde girl) and the old gent working the marina store shouldn't have jobs there...very demeaning. Worst complaint is the over abundance of sand. It's everywhere. I understand the beach theme since I've lived in South Florida my entire life. The sand however is everywhere including, rooms, restaurants, front office, etc. It sticks to the bottom of your shoes/flip flops and follows you everywhere. I like a clean place and this facility can never offer that. Surrounding waterways are not nearly as nice as on the East Coast of Florida. The "no-see-ums" were attacking us at all locations at the facility, except indoors...the beach was safe. I brought a small boat and beached it since that was free. In the morning my boat was completely out of the water. I managed to turn my 15' boat towards the water but was unable to push it into the water. I asked the marina manager for assistance and no help was offered. Just looked at me like I was the most stupid person he'd met. Front desk called someone and we got the boat back in the water in 15 seconds. I just needed another strong man to help. I will never ever stay here or recommend this facility to anyone. I'm retired from the Coast Guard after 21 years and know how to work with boats...even so, people do need help sometimes and the marina manager could care less. "the tide will be up in a few hours"...what a jerk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island