From the wonderfully friendly greetings on arrival to the moment you have to leave you are made to feel a part of this lovely resort. With miles of beautiful sandy beach on one side (it is across a road, but with 3 pedestrian crossings, a speed limit of 25 MPH and a dead end at the end of the island this is never a problem) and a small but fairly buisy marina on the other, two restaurants and a large swimming pool (that with its pool bar & coffee shop is more like the best Mediteranean resort pools than the usual American pools) the resort is a self contained paradise on a jewel of an island.
We had a Gulf view studio which was large, clean and very comfortable withy everything we could possibly need including a full kitchen area and an in room safe. The balcony was large with very confortable chairs and a outstanding sunset view (It did get hot in the afternoons as there no shade trees).
The complimemntary buffet breakfast was excellent with the added bonus of being served in the beautiful restaurant where a cooked breakfast could also be ordered. We did not eat in this restaurant in the evenings, but eat in the grill restauraunt also on site which had an extensive meanu.
The small village of Captiva is 20 minutes walk along the road or along the beach. it has a number of restaurants including the wonderful Green Flash and the equally good Key Lime Bistro. (I can also highly recomment the Island Cow on Sanibel for breakfast, lunch of dinner. It is about 30 minutes drive, but is well worth the effort). The village also has a small supermarket (there is a large supermarket in the centre of Sanibel Island about 30 mins drive away)
The J.N "Ding" Darling nature reserve on Sanibel is 20 minutes drive and is a must.
Having previously stayed on Sanibel Island I would recommend anyone wishing to visit Sanibel or Captiva to stay at the 'Tween Waters Inn. I cannot imagine that there is a better place to stay on either of the two islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn
- Tween Waters Captiva Island
- 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida