'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa
South Seas Island Resort(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Pool
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
$225
$191
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$210
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$238
$219
$179
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
$319
Official Site
Jensen's "On the Gulf"(Captiva Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,161 results
All reviewscrows nestcrab racescaptiva houseserenity pooloasis pool barsea grapebay viewold floridathe cottagescontinental breakfast isfresh fruitprivate beachscreened balconybubble roomtennis courtsgulf of mexicofamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I love the beach! and I'm totally spoiled living summers by the Jersey Shore (Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island) & spending winters in Mazatlan, Mexico (poor man's Cabo). My very first visit to Florida in the summer & I loved it! Tween Waters, Captiva, is phenomenal in July. Great accomodations, good food, friendly atmosphere. Don't miss the Crow's Nest for dancing, dinner & drinks. Jarrett's a doll(makes you feel so at home) & Skip was a great waiter too.

Room Tip: Screened-in porches made late nights so pleasant. We had a corner room facing the cove on the Bay with views of the Marina, so it was quiet & relaxing
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We've loved Captiva for years and last year had only a couple of days to spend there so tried Tween Waters. Going mid week and not during a holiday week it was an exceptional bargain for the island. Lovely accomodations, great beach as well as harbor side views. Can't beat it for a short stay in paradise!

Room Tip: Pool views are a little less expensive and still very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just finished a 3 night stay at Tween Waters Inn and had a fantastic time. This was our first time staying on Captiva, as we've always stayed in Sanibel. My kids loved this place. There is something for everyone here. It's situated perfectly between the beach and the marina.
We stayed in the Mangrove building and had a King suite. This was perfect for traveling with our two children. We had our space - they had a Murphy bed in the living room and their own TV at night.
The comlimentary breakfast buffet was one of the best i've seen. If you choose, you can add a hot breakfast to go along with it for only 6$ more. We found that the selection on the buffet was enough to satisfy everyone's tastes.
If you are there on a monday or thursday - you have to attend the Nascrab races at the Crow's Nest restaurant on property. This activity was a family favorite. There are two races each night, one for families and one for adults only. My recommendation is to make a reservation as soon as you get there because it fills up quickly and is on a first come/first served basis.
The marina and boat rental staff were very helpful. we rented a boat for half a day and couldn't have been more pleased with thier help.
If you enjoy the going to the pool, I would recommend going early. It fills up in the afternoons, almost to the point of being too crowded. We would go to the pool in the morning and enjoy the beautiful beach in the afternoons. The shelling was amazing.
We can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just returned from another visit to Tween Waters Inn and were DELIGHTED to see the large awning up over the little kids' pool. What a great shade! Thanks to the people who thought of that and made it big enough so that attending parents and grandparents could get into the shade, too. If only you had a few more regular shade umbrellas around the pool for those hot afternoons...

I have praised TWI at least twice in past reviews and it's still deserving of all the praise -- the office people are great, the location is fantastic, I love the old Florida feel, the decor, the breakfasts are fantastic, and we love our favorite room. Switching out the old, noisy A/C units for the new is a great idea - what an improvement! Hope to have one of those next time. The painting has continued, too. Very nice!

A couple of suggestions, though: First, the smoking at the pool is shocking, in this day and age of no smoking. With all the children around, especially, people should not be subjected to that. There was even a woman smoking while she was IN the pool! It's impossible to escape it some days, because smokers are allowed to sit anywhere and it really ruins it for the rest of us. A smoking area would be fine, but please consider going the way of most restaurants and other buidlings and allow us to enjoy a smoke-free pool.

Secondly, we love the bay-view rooms but the trees behind the Palmetto building are growing up now, and blocking off the great view we paid for! We are in a dilemma about whether to return to our favorite room or go elsewhere. We did notice a lot of trimming going on elsewhere on the grounds (TWI always looks so lovely and is so well-kept) so maybe trimming the mangroves and other trees behind the bay buildings are in the future.

Thanks to all TWI personnel for keeping one of our favorite destinations so nice - and our favorite is still Liz in the office who should think twice about being on bike paths again! Hope you're all recovered by now!

Room Tip: Ask about the nearness of pet-friendly rooms, although we've never heard a bark yet!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager22, General Manager at 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Cruiser44Ohio,

We are delighted that you enjoyed another stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience and offering you suggestions.

Please allow me a moment to address your suggestions. I myself am not a smoker and I can appreciate your concern about the smoking around the pool area. I can see how an individual smoking next to you or near you can negatively affect your environment. The question is there something we can do to create a policy that is not burdensome and provides a benefit to a majority of our guests. We have discusses the issue and possible solutions numerous times in our executive staff meetings and have yet to come up with a viable alternative. Recently I have heard from enough concerned guests that I feel we need to take another attempt to provide a solution. I will bring the topic up for discussion again at our next executive meeting. In addition I will continue to informally survey our guests through conversations with them and I would encourage you or anyone else to contact me with comment s or suggestions at dougbabcock22@gmail.com.

Secondly, we do trim the mangroves behind the Palmetto Building about once a year. We are scheduled to perform our next trimming in the middle of September 2012.

Thank you again for staying with us and offering your comments and suggestions. We are honored to be considered one of your “favorite destinations”. We will continue to work on improving our amenities and offerings based on suggestions we receive from our valued guests. We look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have traveled to Sanibel and Captiva many times. This was our first time at the Tween Waters. Love the location, so convenient to have both the beach and the sound so accessible. The entire resort is comfortable and very island like feel. My only concern is how the pool area is managed. As we traveled with our 22 yr old and 19 yr old children, we were completely dismayed by the amount of people at the pool on Saturday and Sunday (7/28 & 7/29) who were excessively drinking...IN the pool, eating food, IN the pool all while entertaining their young children or in many instances NOT watching their young children. The pool is plenty big enough for all guests. Many times there were food remants and ice cream wrappers floating by us. Many times I observed people spill their alcohol into the pool. While in the pool with my family multiple times children continued to swim between our legs, bump into us with rafts, kick us with their feet etc. We were standing in ONE place in the water. After multiple disruptions by several children I asked two children on a raft who continuously bumped into us to go somewhere else in the pool, it is a big pool and plenty of room and to stop swimming into us and between us. No parents in site. A couple of hours later the mom of one or both of the girls approached me in the water. At first I thought it was a woman with a disability asking me a question. I quickly realized she was drunk!!!! She then started rambling nonsense to me about being rude to the 2 girls. She would not stop harrassing me. I asked her multiple times to go away from us and to stop harrassing me. She persisted. I then told her if she didn't leave I was going to ask the management to remove her from the pool area. She decided to leave, tripping multiple times gathering her family. There were alot of families out of control on the weekend at the pool. Some allowing their clearly underage children to consume alcohol. On Sunday we had one of our pool towels stolen. They moved our tshirt and personal belongings and took the towel provided by the resort. The towel program is a great perk at the resort. You have a towel card and exchange it for a very nice beach towel and you can exchange the towel as many times as you need to. At the end of your trip you hand your towel cards in to avoid being charged. The front desk was very nice to us and gave us another towel card so we would not be charged. Prior to going to the front desk about the issue, the woman running the towel program basically told us it is our problem, not the hotels and we are to not leave our belongings unattended. I asked her if she felt a family should take shifts to go into the pool. The front desk, however, was very understanding and apologetic. Amazingly enough on Monday there were no more issues in and around the pool. It seemed the 'weekend crowd' had all left and we enjoyed the next few days completely. I would definately stay at the resort again, maybe it was just a bad weekend. We especially would like to give credit to Jeferson, who checked us in, sat us at breakfast and we ran into several times around the resort. He really made us feel welcome there and one of the reasons why we would try the resort again. The food was very good at all of the dining options and priced reasonably. We rented fishing equipment there also. Very nice young man at the rental booth, although I do not recall his name. The coupons for food, recreation etc. very also fantastic and we enjoyed alot of them. Would love to travel back there for our anniversary!

Room Tip: We loved our room on the bayside !
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shellseeker0320

Dear Shellseeker0320,

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort and location. Please allow me to apologize for your experience at our pool on July 28th and 29th. It is against our policy and health codes to allow people to eat and drink in a public pool. Thank you for bring the matter to our attention. I have scheduled a meeting with our pool bar manager this afternoon to discuss the situation. In addition we are looking into TIPS training for our servers and bartenders. TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is a dynamic, skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental "people skills" of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol. Finally, we do not condone public intoxication and will not hesitate taking corrective action to have guests removed from the pool area and/or our property. Please feel free to bring a situation to management attention so we can address the issue.

Thank you again for staying with us and I am glad the remainder of your stay was very enjoyable. We do hope to see you again soon and hope that you will join us for your anniversary. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.