We booked an Ocean King Studio for 6 nights and then had to change our reservations a month out to a pool view room for 4 nights because we were bringing our daughter (9 yrs old). When we arrived in our room, immediately I thought oh no, what did we get ourselves into. The pool was so crowded with drunk rowdy people, lots of screaming kids and just a few available lounge chairs sporadically spread throughout the madness. We opted to go to the beach instead. The beach was a lot less crowded, however it was such a hot day, that you really needed an umbrella or a cabana which cost money to rent. We basically just stayed in the ocean the entire time. After getting waterlogged, we just went back to the room, but first inquired about changing rooms at the front desk. They were very helpful and had a room opportunity that somebody that came in right before us was in the process of looking at. They ended up taking the room and the staff told us to check back the next day. Well surprisingly the pool was much quieter the next day. We found out that Tween Waters allows outside boaters to dock and come to their pool bar, which explained the craziness on Sunday. I guess during the week it quiets down with less outside visitors. That pool bar also closes at 5 or 6pm so by 8pm it was so much quieter there. We ended up not switching rooms. The only other down side was the extremely loud and obnoxious guest, screaming at the top of his lungs and even at one point cursing out….yes CURSING out his wife/girlfriend telling her to get the F out of the pool because nobody wants her in there. He must have said the F word about 20 times in a 20 second period of time and there were a lot of young kids in the pool. It was a bit disturbing and I was confused as to why after two days I was still seeing him there. He should have been kicked out.
The good things: The food was awesome! We ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. We also ate at the pool bar which has the most amazing turkey wrap that I’ve ever eaten in my life. Thick cut, julienned carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, onion and tomato with turkey in a ranch dressing. I also had a banana daiquiri (virgin) and a cheeseburger the next day which was really good too.
The one special treat that we experienced that we had no idea about even after extensive research was the manatees! They hang out in the bay side of the hotel where the boats come in and you can get in the water and pet them. They’ll even roll over for you so you can give them belly rubs!!! We must have spent 2 hours each day in there with them. Such a special treat that we weren’t expecting at all.
I also went to the spa and got a pedi-massage for $55.00 which was amazing and it was an inexpensive alternative to the more costly massages or facials that they offer (over $100.00)
Unfortunately our 4 day trip only lasted for 2 days as our daughter came down with a fever and we needed to take her home. With the early cancellation came a $70.00 cancellation fee which was the pits, but what can you do.
Overall, for kids or people who like to drink and hang out with a lot of other people and be loud, I recommend this hotel. For people who are looking for a quiet restful rejuvenating romantic place to de-stress? Absolutely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island