I debated writing a review because I didn't want to share my newest favorite vacation spot with anyone. One must first remember when staying on Captiva Island and Sanibel, this island is very environmentally focused. It saddened me to witness someone plucking live conchs from the ocean and killing them for their shell collection – this is illegal in the state of Florida and I wish that more visitors would keep our wild life in mind. I commend Tween-Waters Inn (and Captiva and Sanibel Island) for being eco-friendly and clean, this is why I return when I need to get away.
The food was wonderful with good portion sizes and the staff was friendly and accommodating. It looked like the resort was in the process of remodeling and our room had been updated. I loved earthy tones of the linens and decor. I wish I could take them home! I also enjoyed the soaps we had in our room. Every morning when we went to breakfast the ground staff was raking up leaves and tidying up the place. We loved the sand covered roads throughout the resort and the boardwalk walkways, we felt like we were staying on our own tropical island. We also enjoyed seeing several manatees playing in the bay each morning. We enjoyed bicycling, kayaking in Buck Key, walks along the beach and drinks at the The Crow’s Nest. Every morning we started with fresh fruit and bagels while we sat outside at the Old Captiva House. While we spent a lot of time on the beach right across the street we also spent some time sitting at the Oasis Poolside bar and enjoyed some pina coladas with a floater! We don’t have kids but we did enjoy the pool side movie night and the crab races. One day our room attendant left us a coupon for a free drink at the pool side bar! We also got a coupon book when we checked in which we took advantage of. We didn't take advantage of the spa services because the weather was too nice to stay in for spa services. We did take advantage of the cabanas which we recommend getting one if you spend the day on the beach. Just don't fall asleep and forget your sunscreen like I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn
- Tween Waters Captiva Island
- 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida