My husband and I love Captiva. It is a great, beautiful, relaxing getaway for us thats not far from home. This year we opted to try the South Seas Resort. I was very impressed by there website. We booked a king harborside room with a 3-night special they had on there website. When we arrived they stated they did not have any king rooms available, we had to take a double. The front check in was very rude about the way checking in was handled in general. We had already put down a deposit for our room, but were told because we didnt have a credit card they would have to hold the full charge of the whole room on our debit card. I wish this would have been explained when I had called to confirm our reservation before arriving. Thank goodness this did not cause a problem for us, but I can see how it may for some or even cash paying customers. When we arrived to our room it was very spacious as well as the bathroom and the view from the balcony was superb. We could see dolphins, manatees, otters, and stingrays all from the balcony of our room. It was a great thing to wake-up too each morning. On the downside, our tv did not work properly. It would turn off on us almost every 2 minutes. We complained but to no avail was anything done. The pool was closed one of the days of our stay for a function. The area of the beach was very small, there was no-one there to offer to get you a lounge chair or even a drink and the people that were there looked like sardines all on top of each other every time we were there. We had to walk further down the beach and lay out on our own towels. Every restaurant, store, icecream, or any place on the premises for that matter did not accept cash or credit card. You had to use there resort card that was linked in our case to our debit card. On top of that there prices were pretty high. We opted to eat off the property for each meal, and bring groceries in with us. The housekeeping lady assigned to our room was the most pleasent woman I have ever met. She really went that xtra mile for us. All in all I do not think I would stay at this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida