My husband and I decided to do a quick get out of town vacation- so to the South Seas resort we headed.
I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor and yahoo. But rest assured my fears were not to be.
We stayed at the Beach Villas on the south side of the resort. Our villa was clean-and well maintained. We had a great view of the gulf- the only thing I can think of that was weird was we only had 2 towels in the room at check in-and the fact that the resort was 100% cash free so you had to put 150$ on your bill for any expenses you might rack up.
There are bike racks located under the building, 2 pools we could have used. We were in walking distance of Andy Rosse Lane so we did breakfast there.
I was kind of disappointed at the condition of the beach- I am not sure if it is because of the beach restoration that was done-but it was not easy to find our favorite shells. The drop off in the water was quite close to the shore. I loved the fact that security was pretty tight to get into the resort-there is a guard station as you come in.
One thing we thought was weird is that we found not one person who could answer any question about the renovations at the resort. Being first time visitors we were of course curious to know what had seen damage and what had not.
Best advise I can give is to not eat anywhere on the resort - on our last day we did breakfast at the Harborside Grill- I had bacon and eggs my husband had smoked salmon on flat bread- $50.00.Yeah-$50.00 for breakfast! And it was just ok..
For dinner I would suggest-the Mucky Duck-we also ate at The Sanibel Steakhouse. We did the Green Flash one nite- it was nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida