South Seas Island Resort
'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
$258
$189
  • Pool
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Site
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$239
$225
Orbitz.com
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$239
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$229
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
$319
Official Site
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$131
$118
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Sundial Beach Resort & Spa(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$289
Bridgewater Inn(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
$116
$111
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

3,635 results
All reviewstennis villassunset beachgolf cartthe north endscoops and slicesbayside villamain poolbubble roommucky duckships storescavenger huntharbourside restaurantdoc fordstrolley servicebar grillbedroom villagreen flash
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To Management South Seas Island Resort, Captiva Island, Florida
Hospitality and service were excellent. Our accommodation was a huge disappointment. I detailed exactly why my wife and I felt this way in a previous survey I returned to your offices shortly after I got home. To summarize, the unit was grim for the cost. In particular the bathroom, which was beaten up, badly in need of paint and proper caulking, the lever to turn on the shower just about pulled out of the wall when employed. The bedroom did not have even a luggage rack so my wife and I were constantly picking up our bags to put them on the bed, take out a change of clothes, and put them back down on the floor. It was difficult to maneuver around the bags when they were on the floor. The closet did not really offer an alternative. The TV is not high definition and there was no channel guide. In the kitchen cupboards there was the absolute minimum of cups, plates, etc. I could not cut a lime with the carving knives because they were so dull. The clocks were not set at all or were still standard time. In essence, we felt taken advantage of. On the bright side the view was good. I repeat service was great and when we tried to upgrade after checking in the folks at the desk tried hard to give us choices but there wasn't much available other than a hotel room, or a shift up to the $600-$700 a night area. I strongly urge you to visit the unit and see for yourself. The owner needs to bring his property up to a higher standard that I am confident you wish to provide your guests. Thank you for this opportunity to give you my opinion. If you care to reply I believe you have my email address since I was sent this survey via email.

Room Tip: I left one
Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Mgr_365, General Manager at South Seas Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Grayson,

We love hearing from our visitors and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective, both through our guest satisfaction survey and through this forum. While it’s a pleasure to learn that our team took great care of you, we regret that you didn’t find the value in your stay. Your candid remarks will help us to address your concerns and improve for our future guests. Once more, we’re very grateful for your comments and are pleased we were able to connect with you directly regarding your experience. We're confident you'll be further impressed on your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great time. The Staff at the Blackwood Tennis Academy was excellent and very accommodating. Everything was close and convenient. We are planning on coming back in the future. We would recommend this resort to others.

Dear Neal,

We can’t thank you enough for trusting us with your precious summer vacation memories! It’s great to know that you had a great time exploring our resort property and Captiva Island, and we’ll be sure to let our tennis team know that they were a highlight for you. We’re already looking forward to your next beach getaway!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I do not think they should charge a daily surcharge on top of the quoted price. Most places we stay include everything in the initial quoted price. The food on the resort was really good. The beaches were really nice too!!!

1  Thank gjlsstang

Dear Gjlsstang,

We appreciate you paying us a visit and are pleased to know that you had a great experience here at South Seas! We’re sorry if our resort fee caught you off guard, as we do our best to make our guests aware of this charge at the time of booking. You’ll find that these charges are typical of oceanfront hotels here in Florida, and we hope you won’t keep you from visiting us again soon for delicious food and sprawling beaches!

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was fantastic! We travel a lot! Highly recommended for family with kids. So accommodating. Condo was beautiful. Easy to get around. So much to offer. We will be coming back for sure ! Captiva is a fairytale land !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Mgr_365, General Manager at South Seas Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Julie,

We pride ourselves on providing fun activities for everyone in the family, and we’re thrilled that you and yours enjoyed all that we have to offer! Little ones love Sanibel Sea School and Camp Scullywags when they’re not splashing in one of our swimming pools or going down the waterslides and older “kids” love golf, yoga, and water sports, just to name a few! If you weren’t able to go on a sunset cruise this time, be sure to schedule one on your next visit and take your camera to capture all the vacation fun! We’re already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I came down for sailing lessons. The room was very spacious, but very dated. The internet was practially non existent. The service in the Pointe restaurant was not good. The wait staff came by our table 5 times, tried not to look at us and never asked if we needed anything. My husband drinks loads of water and needed a refill. After his one glass, no one would every stop to refill. We finally decided instead of flagging him down, to see how long staff would go without asking if he needed a refill. Never did! This happened more than once. I guess they were not making any money off the water so had no incentive to give us good service. I was shocked. We have stayed at many 4 star resorts and had much better service and accommodations. The pro's - This is a very laid back, unpretentious environment. People were very casually dressed. The Ships store proved a good option for breakfast and lunch. Staff at the store were very friendly and helpful. The beach is beautiful and we saw some beautiful sunsets. Nice pool area. Cabana staff were friendly and helpful. The con's - limited menu choices of the restaurant on the resort. We talked to folks who had time shares here and they recommended eating off site. I thought overall that the resort is over rated and over priced.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Joe,

It was a pleasure to welcome the two of you to Captiva Island and to our resort! While we’re pleased that you were able to take in some of our legendary sunsets and relax in a cabana by our pool, we’re sorry to learn that some other aspects of your stay fell short of what we would have hoped. We will use your feedback as a coaching topic for our food and beverage team to ensure that the guests’ needs are always the top priority. We hope you enjoyed your sailing classes and will come see us again so that we may have another opportunity to win you over with the warm hospitality our return visitors have come to know and love.