My husband & I have been going down to South Seas the last 16 years (+16 more with my family). We are anxiously awaiting its re-opening from Charley. It is relaxing & peaceful. The resort has its own trolley service that goes through the resort every 15 minutes. It is gated so you don't have everyone driving through the resort. You can rent bikes & go riding. Nearby restaurant, Mucky Duck, has the best BQ
shrimp plus many other great things. The resort has a kids club that my 7 & 10 year old love - not just staying inside watching a video. They have kids crab races by the many pool. The gulf of mexico's water is so blue & peaceful. The shelling is great. We go on l fishing charters with Captain Tim Hickey. We have had a fabulious time catching many different fish including shark & tarpon. Yes, the resort is not cheap, but so worth the experience. We visited Ding Darling National Wildlife to see nature in their home setting. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida