We spent a week in April 2003 at South Seas.
We were upgraded from a one bedroom marina view condo to a three bedroom and this obviously made us very happy. The condo was tropically furnished and very clean. Housekeeping did a good job.
The beaches are beautiful but the chairs are filled up early and the staff doesn't apologize for it. We really loved walking on the beach and looking for shells.
The dining options are good but after a week we were a bit tired of Capn'Al's. The buffet place isn't great. The steak place was wonderful.
We had one small child with us and everyone was very accomodating to us and him. He especially enjoyed the trolley and the sunset festival. The clientele was extremely nice and I didn't experience any snobbines as another reviewer described.
We will definitely return again and we'd love to stay in the Land's End area next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida