I booked a one bedroom condo in the tennis club villas for 6 nights for myself, husband and our two kids. We are on day 5 now and the place is great. We got a Florida resident special rate which included one free night and free breakfast buffet for kids 12 and under with paying adult. The buffet was very good but pricey (over $50) for two adults. The room is clean, comfortable and has a full kitchen. Each set of villas has their own pool. We do not have direct beach access over here but it's only a short walk across the street or a short trolley ride to the north end of the island. Kids are loving all the pools, water slides and nature we are surrounded by. We've seen manatees, found sandollars, starfish, hermit crabs and heard there are dolphins that come to the marina in the evenings. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The island is very large and private. They offer every water sport and activity we could think of. There is a $6 toll to get on the island so bring cash or have a sun pass. Outside the resort there is two grocery stores, restaurants, bookstores, shopping and cvs pharmacy. I would definitely recommend this place and hope to come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida