My husband and I stayed in the Bayside Villas for the weekend. It was cozy, definitely could use some upgrades but overall not too bad. A little overpriced for the villa though. You definitely should rent a golf cart when you're there so you can get around the resort. The pools were nice. Especially the one that overlooks the ocean on the North End. We had a blast going down the slides, lol. I only wish the pools were also open at night.
We had the breakfast buffet at Harbourside Bar & Grill. It was ok, not worth the $20/person though. Lunch at The Point was very good. You definitely get your money worth there. We had dinner at Doc Fords which is/isn't part of the resort and the food was amazing there. Scoops for dessert, slightly overpriced but what do you expect for a resort.
We played the golf course Saturday morning which was surprisingly not busy which was good for us. The gentleman at the Golf shop was very helpful and nice.
This place is definitely made for families. Very kid friendly. All the staff were super friendly.
Would like to see more adult areas. Maybe an adult only bar or some activities like bingo.
Would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida