We stayed one week at South Seas, with our 3 boys (8, 6 and 1.5 yrs old). Had a great experience. We stayed in the Tennis Villas, which are near the entrance of the resort. We loved the location. For spending over $500 a night for the villas, we were a little surprised at the condition of the villas. However we quickly learned that we were paying more for the resort, which was worth it. The tennis villas were a 5 minute walk to Starbucks, shops and all the restaurants. I recommend renting a golf cart for the week. The kids loved it and it was much easier to navigate around Captiva than the Suburban we had. In the cart, it was about a 5 minute drive to the main pool complex. The kids enjoyed the waterslides and the kids pool. The also enjoyed the kids center and arcade. It rained all day one day, so we spent some time at the kids center. We were there the week after spring break, so the resort was about 50% full. It did not seem crowded at all. We never had any trouble finding chairs at the pool or beach. The restaurants at the resort are good. Pricey like any resort. We chose to take the golf cart into town most days to eat at RC Otters, Key Lime Bistro or The Mucky Duck. The beach is really nice. There's a beach bar and they serve lunch on the sand. We would definitely go back to South Seas and stay in the Tennis Villas again. There's some nicer villas and cottages closer to the main pool complex, but the kids loved the golf cart rides from the tennis villas and we liked being close to all the shops and restaurants. Next time we would not rent a car and just take a shuttle to the resort and rent a golf cart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida