We loved this resort! We visited this place mid January and it was very quiet and serene. We chose the Harborside Waterview rooms (junior suite) and it was beautiful. Our balcony overlooked a waterway and every day, we would see about 4 dolphins playing outside our window. The large room was nicely decorated and had a serene feel to it (not filled up with tacky pictures on the wall etc. but rather bare and easy on the eye). Good sized bathroom with double sinks. We did not eat at any of the restaurants on site but rather ventured out to the surrounding area. We did enjoy the pool(s) near the hotel as well as the beach. There is a small golf course there (9 hole?) that looked inviting as well as tennis courts; however, we decided to rest on this trip! Everyone was quite friendly and we would love to return to this place again. The only negative thing that we found was that the elevator was not working when we arrived and we had to drag our luggage to top floor. We notified one of the workers who shrugged us off. Plus there was some kind of a company party the night we arrived and they were quite noisy that first night. Other than that, we loved the accommodations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida