Just got back from a weekend vacation at this resort and have returned with great memories! I was worried that there wouldn't be enough for my toddler to enjoy and boy was I wrong. From Skully's to fishing on the pier to the great pool set up, he was happily entertained the whole time. And Scoops & Slices was a perfect place for all of us to "kid" around and enjoy some pizza and ice cream.
We stayed in a Harbourside Marina View room and the sunrise view with the sun hitting the boats was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. (rm 1707) For the most part everything was clean in the room. The room was never hot, but that's because it seemed like the AC ran every 5 min. It wasn't "too" loud, but was kind of annoying at first.
Gotta say, the entire staff at this resort are A+++. Never did I encounter a foul mood or an unwillingness to help and/or go above and beyond. Seriously superior friendliness at every turn from the restaurants to random workers that we asked for directions! Special shout out to Chrestena (?) at the Harbourside Bar & Grill and the woman (can't remember her name) at Scoops. So nice, both of them!
We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida