This is our second year at South Seas. We give this a 4 with a very big BUT. Some rooms are great and some rooms are awful. Prior to our arrival, I read the tips on here and emailed the resort asking if at all possible for our Beach Villa to be newly renovated and a direct view of the beach. We got a response saying that the request was entered into our reservation. We stayed harbourside in an older room last year with a 2 year old and infant and it wasn't kid friendly. Upon arrival today, we walked into an old room with a view of a giant tree blocking our beach view and the glass on the end tables were light enough for our youngest to move the lamps and almost come crashing down on him. Thanks! My husband went back over to the front and the receptionist seemed fairly annoyed that we were unhappy with our room, however, she sent a bell boy over to show us another room- which also was not newly renovated. Our bell boy actually then showed us a third room that was slightly renovated but the ac is so loud, it's like being on an airplane. But we will deal with it. It's a better view with a bigger kitchen that enables me to keep an eye on our 2 little boys while I cook. We typically never complain about service but we rarely take vacations and wanted this one to be as enjoyable as much as possible. It's just disappointing to see pictures of really great rooms on here and then have the room you pay and stay in not up to par. Day 2 tomorrow, lets hope it's a better day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida