Just returned from yet another amazing vacation at South Seas Resort. Over the last eight years we have been vacationing at South Seas, each time opting for different accommodations depending on our requirements at the time. When we want a quieter vacation (no kids) we stay on the south end (tennis and bay view villas), for a livelier, kid friendly vacation we opt for the north end where there is a huge pool with waterslide, activity center, sailing school and the golf course is a draw whether we stay north or south. We especially appreciate the upkeep not only of the grounds, which are lush and tropical, but also of the high standard of each villa in which we have stayed. We're always surprised how reasonable the rates are considering how luxurious that resort is. This time around, we especially enjoyed Doc Ford's Bar and Grille which just opened at the beginning of August. The food was delicious and the prices reasonable. We stayed the last week of August, known as the quiet time on Captiva and it couldn't have been more delightful. Can't wait until we return in March!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida