We had booked a one-bedroom unit in the Tennis Villas. The Tennis Villas do not have any close beach access, but it was only .25 mile across parking lots, so very easy to do. They are located in the front of the sprawling resort area. There is a trolley that will take you down to the end of the island where their restaurants are. We had a lovely pool between the 2 Tennis Villas and most of the time we were the only people there! It was between 4-7 ft., so nice to be able to swim & relax.
The unit we stayed in, 3136, was very nicely furnished. The large recliner, however, was broken, which we reported at the front desk as soon as we got in. We didn't need it fixed, just wanted to get it reported.
The area was very quiet and the grounds were beautifully kept. We used the gym while we were there and while it was small, there was enough equipment for everyone.
The cleaning staff were very nice. We came in one day when a woman was cleaning and I wanted to stop her from washing our dishes that were left in the sink. I don't expect that!!
However, the last morning, check-out time was 11 AM and the cleaning staff started to try to get us out starting around 9:00. By 10:00 they were hovering outside our door, while we were starting to load the car. I had really wanted to stay until 10:30, but decided to just haul it all down and be done with it. (However, the cleaning staff were using the one elevator by our unit, so we had to wait for them and then had to cram into the elevator that was 3/4 full of laundry bags, etc.)
If that's the worst that happened on this trip, it was a very good trip! We did not try any of the restaurants and there is a Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille moving in right by the Tennis Villas, which may raise the noise level some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida