Captiva is a beautiful island and the South Seas resort is a very pretty property. This is our second visit to the resort.I agree with some of the other reviews, the rooms and service do not live up to the Spring Break price tag of over $500 dollars a night. During our stay, we needed to change rooms, I would of expected the hotel to link our reservations and help to execute a seamless transition from one room to the next. That was not the case. The new reservation was like checking in all over again, when we had already spent two nights at the resort. Our second room(beach villa) is tired for the $$$. Also, if you are booking a beach villa, from the first floor you do not have an ocean view. I would try to request the the third floor.
Tried to leave one day early, the staff would not work with us just greeted with a curt "NO", you will be charged for the night.
The cost value relationship needs to be improved at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida