We had a great time at this resort from the beginning stages of planning. We stayed in one of the Bayside Villas on the gulf side of the island. We arrived early into town after a long trip and the staff was able to place us in before check in. We were relieved as we didn't want to have to kill time waiting for the villa to be ready. Being in the off season the resort was quiet but that was great for our friends and family as it was a very relaxing vacation. The resort is a bit spread out but we decided to walk as much as possible while we were there. There was a trolley available and certainly was nice when the kids were tired. The marina was great as we saw a number of manatees and pelicans. We didn't get to do as much as we wanted at the resort but we did enjoy ourselves in our villa and down by the pools. Captiva Island is a great place to vacation and this resort was a lot of fun to experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida